Crobat Evolution Line from “Ancient Roar”

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Crobat’s evolution line has been revealed from the Japanese sets Ancient Roar and Future Flash, which release in Japan on October 27th. We expect most cards from these sets to be incorporated into Paradox Rift, our November set.
Zubat – Darkness – HP50
Basic Pokémon
[D] Supersonic: Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent’s Active Pokémon is now Confused.
[C][C] Razor Wing: 20 damage.
Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (x2)
Retreat: 1

Golbat – Darkness – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Zubat
[C][C] Leech Life...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Looks like item or supporter lock crobat, meh, 50 damage just isn't enough or worth the trouble of getting a stage 2 into play.if you want to play a nuisance deck just play venamoth.

Now wait just a minute there. This Crobat line has a Lightning weakness and a Fighting resistance. I know its part-Flying, but usually the cards designate weakness/resistance by their selected type, like I'd expect this to have a Fighting weakness. Has there been an instance like this?

Nice to have another item and supporter lock card in the format. Control could definitely use it with 151 Zubat and BST Golbat. I'm a fan of it tbh

Now wait just a minute there. This Crobat line has a Lightning weakness and a Fighting resistance. I know its part-Flying, but usually the cards designate weakness/resistance by their selected type, like I'd expect this to have a Fighting weakness. Has there been an instance like this?
They do this sometime for the mons the are part flying type

Silver/Gold fanboys like myself need Crobat or Scizor exs with special illustrations. Not looking good at the moment

They do this sometime for the mons the are part flying type
Yes, Lightning weakness and Fighting resistance is a very normal combination for Flying mons regardless of what type the card itself is.

Anyway, this card is cool, even if it's not good enough to compete. There was a Vileplume in LOR that has a similar effect, but you need to flip a coin to see if you block Items or Supporters; I appreciate they realized that was too weak and actually let you choose this time.

Crobat ex incoming??? That's what I'm hoping. Lots of interesting Crobats to choose from at this point- a draw 3 one, a "take prize extra cards one" and now this late game supporter/item lock? Prevents a late game boss I guess? While you prepare a final knock out or set up the "Extra prize" Crobat? It could prevent them from copying the "extra prize" attack from the other Croat with Mew ex too, if they can't play boss. Stage 2 lines become better and better the more options you have, and Zu/Gol/Cro could be preparing to be a good one if we just get a really good Crobat ex.

This one they can basically flip-flop on. All crobats gen 4-7 were still labeled psychic type, and all of them were lightning weak. All the ones in gen 8 were labelled fighting type, but they probably thought about taking liberties here after establishing the new poison typing, since it still made a lot of sense. Dark Flying pokemon often got the lightning weakness treatment, so it is still kinda applicable here to flip it. 151's Zubat and Golbat are also Lightning weak.

Back