• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Crobat / Laserbank

Zer0

Aspiring Trainer
Hello all!
I just got back into this game, and after playing a Plasma Big Basics variant for a while, I wanted to mix things up. I haven't playtested this build yet, but it seems pretty solid on paper.

Pokemon
  • 4-1-4 Crobat PLS
  • 2 Giratina PLS
  • Mr. Mime PLF

Trainers
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 N
  • 2 Skyla
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 3 Silver Bangle
  • 3 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 2 Pokemon Catcher
  • 3 Colress Machine
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
  • 2 Plasma Ball
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Switch
  • Computer Search

Energy
  • 4 Plasma
  • 4 DCE
  • 6 Psychic

Strategy
Pretty straight forward: use Crobat and Virbank to deal 130 damage in a single attack to EX's, while having the upper hand in the Prize trade off. Giratina + Laserbank is much stronger vs. EX's: 160 in a single attack. Supporter count is low, but Crobat should be able to handle most of my supplemental draw after set-up

Any advice would be appreciated!

RE: Crobat/Laserbank

You need Deoxys ex in here. Crobat could hit for 170 with 4 deoxys benched and Giratina can deal over 200 with the right set up. I play Giratina/deoxys/tornadus plf and trust me. It's worth it. Also you have too many energy. 4 psychic should be enough also 4 dce seems to be over kill with 4 plasma. I run 4 plasma 4 psychic 4 prism. but I also run keldeo ex as a tech. This is an interesting list though I hope it does well.

It2Zoroark said:
You need Deoxys ex in here. Crobat could hit for 170 with 4 deoxys benched and Giratina can deal over 200 with the right set up. I play Giratina/deoxys/tornadus plf and trust me. It's worth it. Also you have too many energy. 4 psychic should be enough also 4 dce seems to be over kill with 4 plasma. I run 4 plasma 4 psychic 4 prism. but I also run keldeo ex as a tech. This is an interesting list though I hope it does well.

I thought about Deoxys, but since I only own 1 (another reason I stopped playing Plasma BB) and don't have the funds to buy/trade for more, it's a bit of a mute point.

I thought it was too much energy at first, but I was aiming at a consistent hit of at least one energy. Assuming none are prized, my chances of pulling a psychic energy in my starting hand are 11% with 6 psychic, where it drops to 7% at 4. Maybe the DCE could be dropped...

Thanks for the kind words, btw. Love this game's playerbase. Much friendlier than Naruto/Yu-Gi-Oh/Raw Deal that I played in the past

Zer0 said:
It2Zoroark said:

I thought about Deoxys, but since I only own 1 (another reason I stopped playing Plasma BB) and don't have the funds to buy/trade for more, it's a bit of a mute point.

I thought it was too much energy at first, but I was aiming at a consistent hit of at least one energy. Assuming none are prized, my chances of pulling a psychic energy in my starting hand are 11% with 6 psychic, where it drops to 7% at 4. Maybe the DCE could be dropped...

Thanks for the kind words, btw. Love this game's playerbase. Much friendlier than Naruto/Yu-Gi-Oh/Raw Deal that I played in the past

I agree, just so you know though, the promo deoxys ex's are only about $7 right now so its not completely out of reach. if you want to keep 6 psychic, I would cut 2 dce. I see why you want the dce's but they are only good on giratina. Mime will never attack and Crobat requires 2 psychic right?

It2Zoroark said:
Zer0 said:

I agree, just so you know though, the promo deoxys ex's are only about $7 right now so its not completely out of reach. if you want to keep 6 psychic, I would cut 2 dce. I see why you want the dce's but they are only good on giratina. Mime will never attack and Crobat requires 2 psychic right?

Crobat requires PCC (1 Psychic, 2 Colorless). The DCE's are there primarily for Giratina, or to replace lost Plasma Energy from overzealous or paranoid Enhanced Hammer play. I do think I'll cut it down to 2.

What would you do with this, given that you seem to be well versed in Plasma play. Also, this is still incredibly susceptible to VirGen loss. Not that I see it at my local, but just a thought if I ever get a chance to play in the bigger tournaments.

Zer0 said:
It2Zoroark said:

Crobat requires PCC (1 Psychic, 2 Colorless). The DCE's are there primarily for Giratina, or to replace lost Plasma Energy from overzealous or paranoid Enhanced Hammer play. I do think I'll cut it down to 2.

What would you do with this, given that you seem to be well versed in Plasma play. Also, this is still incredibly susceptible to VirGen loss. Not that I see it at my local, but just a thought if I ever get a chance to play in the bigger tournaments.

this is what I would run for pokemon and energy
4-3 Crobat
4 Deoxys
2 Tornadus EX PLF
1 Mr. Mime/Keldeo EX

4 DCE
4 Plasma
4 Psychic

I don't think crobat and giratina are good together in the same deck. I would pick one or the other. Crobat is cool and has a sweet ability but giratina is more consistent and requires less time to set up. It's up to you. PLF Tornadus is really good because it doesnt require special conditions to attack for a lot of damage so that is your best bet at beating virgen. Plus PLF tornadus is cheap (around $5). Let me know which route you would prefer to go on and i'll let you know what I think would be the best list to play.

EDIT: do you have a trade list? I have tornaduses for trade if you want try them

It2Zoroark said:
Zer0 said:

4-3 Crobat
4 Deoxys
2 Tornadus EX PLF
1 Mr. Mime/Keldeo EX

4 DCE
4 Plasma
4 Psychic

I don't think crobat and giratina are good together in the same deck. I would pick one or the other. Crobat is cool and has a sweet ability but giratina is more consistent and requires less time to set up. It's up to you. PLF Tornadus is really good because it doesnt require special conditions to attack for a lot of damage so that is your best bet at beating virgen. Plus PLF tornadus is cheap (around $5). Let me know which route you would prefer to go on and i'll let you know what I think would be the best list to play.

EDIT: do you have a trade list? I have tornaduses for trade if you want try them

SO many. :) I didn't think too much about Tornadus, but the Windfall/Night Sight combo may be interesting. I may give that Pokemon/Energy list a try, I can always proxy for a while.

Don't really have a trade list right now. Everything I have I share with my girlfriend, who actually purchased most of our packs. Besides, I'm not too set on any particular deck just yet. I want to see what X & Y bring to the table

Zer0 said:
It2Zoroark said:
4-3 Crobat
4 Deoxys
2 Tornadus EX PLF
1 Mr. Mime/Keldeo EX

4 DCE
4 Plasma
4 Psychic

SO many. :) I didn't think too much about Tornadus, but the Windfall/Night Sight combo may be interesting. I may give that Pokemon/Energy list a try, I can always proxy for a while.

Don't really have a trade list right now. Everything I have I share with my girlfriend, who actually purchased most of our packs. Besides, I'm not too set on any particular deck just yet. I want to see what X & Y bring to the table

That's understandable. Just give it a try both ways and let me know how it goes.

for the giratina list I would run
3x Giratina PLS
4x Deoxys EX
2x Tornadus EX PLF
1x Mr. Mime/Keldeo EX

with the same energy set.

another energy to try is prism because it allows keldeo ex to be a non plasma attacker against silver mirror. BTW I recommend atleast 2 scrappers if not 3 to counter plasma hate. also watch out for haxorus. My brother played my plasma deck and got demolished by haxorus because of it's auto kill on plasma.

I actually had the same idea for this deck a few months ago, almost verbatim, and built it to try it out. I could never get it to work, due to it being too slow and not strong enough to stand up to a beating while setting the line up. If you can get it to work, that would be awesome, jut giving you a heads up into the difficulties I ran into with it.

Actually, it looks as though X and Y will have a new card called Evolutionary Soda, which will make this very viable again. Check it out.

I don't konw if evolutionary soda will actually help too much for 2 step pokemon. It might as well be a rare candy since it allows you to skip a step. The soda only just grabs an evolution for free. Its just a cheaper version of Ultraball. Its especially not helpful if you dont have any middle steps, since i can only assume that it doesn't skip evolutions like rare candy.

Though it might be helpful for a deck that revolves around 1 step pokemon. Though more pokemon searches would be better, since ultra balls can grab any pokemon so it can always be helpful. Evolutionary Soda just grabs evolutions for pokemon you have out so if you start with this card its kind of not that helpful. Especially since it cant be played at the same turn the pokemon is put into play. Though it might be a nice 1 of or 2 of that you can skyla for.

It's worlds better than ultra ball, based on the translation I saw. It's a rare candy and ultra ball rolled into one. Who cares if you can't use it same turn? It's no different than a traditional evolution rules or rare candy. You're also contradicting yourself. Is it like a rare candy or not?

Evolutionary Soda: Search your deck for a card that evolves from 1 of your Pokémon and put it onto that Pokémon. (This counts as evolving that Pokémon.) You can't use this card during your first turn or on a Pokémon that was put into play this turn.

Rare Candy: Choose 1 of your Basic Pokémon in play. If you have a Stage 2 card in your hand that evolves from that Pokémon, put that card on the Basic Pokémon. (This counts as evolving that Pokémon.) You can't use this card during your first turn or on a Basic Pokémon that was put into play this turn.

With rare candy you can go from Squirtle to blastoise with blastoise in hand. With evolution soda you go from squirtle to wartortle with out wartortle in hand. Sort of a big difference.

Not really. You're assuming you HAVE both rare candy and Blastoise in hand. Soda gives you more flexibility to deal with the different scenarios and combinations.

Yes but it is also slower than rare candy. It also means you Have to carry more middle steps for it to be useful. i can see it being useful in a deck like Dragon Call, since the middle step gets you the Gabite you need to start things. but then again its the same as level ball. Either way we are comparing the wrong things. It shouldn't be rare candy or Evolutionary soda. It should be Evolutionary Soda and Ultra balls. Since they are more alike than the previous two.

Either way i played this deck a while back. I suggest trying 1 or 2 Lunatones. They greatly help with night sight, allowing you to grab what is going to help you at that time out of the top two cards. Though if you only are using crobat for night sight, you might as well use Musharna with Forewarn. Does the same thing as Lunatone + Crobat.

Back