• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Crush Now, Ask Questions Later (Cobalion,Metagross,Reshiram)

Reshiwott

epic gamer moment
Hi, Fellow Beachers.
This is a deck list I have created, Using a deck I made that I am very pleased with.
2x Reshiram (BW/Promo23) Regular Version
1x Reshiram EX (Tin Promo)
1x Beldum (UD)
1x Metang (UD)
1x Metagross(UD)
1xCobalion (NV) Regular Version
1x Fliptini (Promo32/NV)
1x Vullaby (EP)
1x Mandibuzz (BW)
2x Zorua (EP/BW)
2x Zoroark (BW/Promo09)
1x Victini (V-Blast) (NV)
1x Litwick (NV 58/101)
1x Lampent (NV 59/101)
1x Chandelure (NV 60/101)
1x Kyurem (NV)
1x Virizion FA (NV)

20 Pokemon

3x Pokemon Communication
1x Moomoo Milk (HGSS)
1x Great Ball (EP)
1x Energy Search (BW)
1x Pokedex (BW)
1x Super Rod (NV)
1x Switch (BW)
1x Rocky Helmet (NV)
1x Crushing Hammer (EP)

11 Trainers

1x Bianca (EP)
1x PONT (CoL/HGSS)
1x Seeker (TR)
1x Cheerleader's Cheer (UL)
1x N (NV)
1x Engineer's Adjustments (UL)
1x Copycat (CoL/HGSS)
1x Junk Arm (TM)
1x Black Belt (TM)

7 Supporters

1x Skyarrow Bridge (ND)

1 Stadium
1x Double Colourless Energy
3x Basic Energy- Metal
2x Basic Energy- Dark
3x Basic Energy- Psychic
3x Basic Energy-Fire
2x Basic Energy- Grass
2x Basic Energy- Fighting
1x Rescue Energy
2x Basic Energy- Water
21 Energy

Strategy-
I like to start with Virizion, Use Pokemon Communication If I have any useless stage 1s, or PONT or N if I get a bad hand. I then use Double Draw to get two more cards.
I try and set up a Reshiram early, so I can sweep later. Catcher may be a problem, though. I try to get Basics out quick, so I don't 'Bench Out' and Seeker if I have no bench space for Litwick or another main attacker. Zoroark uses foul play to send Mewtwo EXs packing. The goal is to get Metagross out as soon as possible, and Fliptini can help it re-flip. It may not be the best deck, as I never go to tourneys, but it seems to work around my area.

Any constructive critisism is appreciatiated.
-Reshiwott-

I don't really see much synergy between these Pokemon. Maybe try focusing it around metagross more or making it more focused around your main attacker and find cards that are a good combo within?

I am new to the TCG, so I don't know much about cards that work in synergy, but the goal of the deck is hitting hard. Fliptini works in synergy with the other victini and Metagross, So they can deal alot of damage, Reshiram and Kyurem Don't really need assistance, As outrage can Crush if the pokemon is damaged alot. Thanks for your idea, but I don't really know what works well with it, I guess pretty much the same as Zapdos Next Destinies, as it's last attack is exactly the same, bar energy.

-Reshiwott-

ooh my... Hmm This deck needs a little help, its understandable because as you stated your new to the game right?
Would you like some help getting some work done with your deck? i'd be happy to help you learn a whole lot more about the game and some good strategies ! ^^

There are several general rules you should consider when building a deck. First, you should have an idea or strategy. Looking at your list, I'm assuming that would be hitting hard. You'll also need a focus, i.e. a main attacker. I see Cobalion and Metagross in the thread title, so I'll go with those. These being the "focus", you'll want to thicken your Metagross line and add some Cobalions. Although, I noticed you also have some {D} Pokemon, which will get a good boost from this upcoming set, so if you wanted to, you could run the {M} and {D}. Either way, I'd drop the 1-1-1 Chandelure, the Virizion, the Reshirams, and probably the Kyurem as well, maybe switching the V-Blast Victini for Fliptini. As for the energy, if you decide to use {M} and {D}, I'd run 4 DCE's, 4 Sp. {M} and {D}, and then 2-4 Basic {M}. I'll be glad to help out with the Trainers/Supporters once you decide what and how to change the Pokemon.

I edited top post, Here is what I did.
- 1 Grass Energy (Basic)
- 1 Water Energy (Basic)
+ 1 Reshiram EX
+1 Skyarrow Bridge

You may want to add some more to the Metagross line if that's your main attacker.

Maybe do:
- 1 Kyurem NV
- 2 Water Energy

+ 1-1-1 Metagross

Other than that, this looks like a pretty fun and interesting deck. You may want to try and focus your Pokémon lines a bit more as well. :)

Yeah, Sounds like a good Idea. Kyurem isn't really doing much for me at the moment, So, I'll try and find the Metagross.

Back