cut cards from HS unleashed

kamil98

shiny hunter
Hi

Can anyone explain to me why combee and vespiquen from revived legends were cut from HS unleashed.

Thanks

I'm a bit more upset about missing leafeon. Honestly, why would it have been a bad thing to have a normal sized set and give us a few more cards?

Because PUSA hates us players and purposely made the selection just to watch everyone get upset.

...I really wish people would stop the BAWWWWWWWing, because it's getting really old. (Not referring to the OP, just in general) There's nothing wrong with saying that the set is subpar, because in truth, it is. And there's nothing wrong with being disappointed that a certain card someone wanted didn't make the cut. But that doesn't justify totally denouncing the set just because Pokemon X didn't make it in and then going around saying "FAIL LOL" on every possible Unleashed-related thread in an attempt to reassert the popular opinion. Personally, I was gunning for Legend Box and Togekiss, and certainly I'm disappointed, but there's tons more negativity than there should be. [/minirant]

To answer your question: A close look at the cards reveals that the HS Revived Legends cards to make it in the set are the Legends and the Primes. It seems as if Unleashed was never intended as the American Revived Legends counterpart, which is why the rest of RL didn't make it in.

We're garaunteed to get the rest of the cards we missed from this set on our next expansion which will most likely be due out by Worlds 2010 including VGC 2010 as well. It will also most likely consist of cards from Clash of the Summit and the Lost-Link Set (possibly).

Prime wise next expansion we should be getting Houndoom and Scizor Prime as well as the 2 Prime's we should've got before being Raichu and Slowking. Why PUSA decided not to release those I have no idea. If we get the Lost-Link set cards after Unleashed then Magnezone Prime is a possibility.

As for the Unleashed cuts Vileplume I'm okay without, the loss of Leafeon doesn't bother me that much at all since I don't play {G} anymore. My main disappointment was the cut of Legend Box which would've helped the playability of the new Legend cards alot.

kamil98 said:
Hi

Can anyone explain to me why combee and vespiquen from revived legends were cut from HS unleashed.

Thanks

The main reason they were cut is because they had two sets to fit in things and they decided on what they wanted to be in both sets, so some things were unfortunately cut to maintain the balance between the two. Anything that was supposed to come in this one should be coming in the next set.

dmaster out.

Because having a set that includes the battle starter decks, the leafeon vs. metagross decks, the entire HGSS revived legends set AND (Breathe) the cut cards from HGSS would be a huge set. Pokemon needed to cut some cards, and take a little bit from the 4 different sets in Japan. Yeah, the end results wasn't great, but it's a decent set. If you dont like this set, hold out and buy a bunch of cards from the next set. If Pokemon always gave us what we wanted, then there would be no anticipation for any other set. And frankly, Im tired of hearing everybody say how much they dislike unleashed. If you don't like it, don't buy it. There. Personally, I like the set because of the rare candies. Those are my thoughts. (They are pretty long thoughts though...)

I'd be willing to bet we'll get Leafeon in the next set, with Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon and Umbreon. They might even find a way to fit Glaceon in there (if Japan gets a new one in the next two months) and maybe even get Espeon and Umbreon Prime with Scizor and Houndoom.

The reason cards were cut is not because there were so many,but not enough.

Since Japan has only released 1 big set in the past 6 months, their just wouldn't have been enough for our 90-100+ card sets every 3-4 months. Therefor, PUI combined cards from 4 different sets(HG/SS,HG/SS:UL,Expert Decks, and Battle Starter Decks),into 1 big set to benefit the consumer. If not,then we would have to pay 15-30 bucks on 15-20 cards just for the 1 or 2 cards that we need/want.

Our next set will more than likely feature the cut cards from Unleashed and the Expert/Battle Decks,along with the entire Lost Like set. Followed by the upcoming Clash at the Summit set,which should be a normal size set.

It will also most likely consist of cards from Clash of the Summit and the Lost-Link Set (possibly).
I don´t think that our next set will include any cards from Clash at the Summit ;) It will be released in July. I think at the same time as our next set.

Probably the next set includes the remaining cards from Revived Legends and some (or all) from Lost Link.

Back