• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Cyber Mill [ Aggron - Klinklang ]

Chuave

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon
  • 4 Aaron (Irrelevant)
  • 4 Larion (Irrelevant)
  • 4 Aggron (DRX)
  • 4 Kling (DEX)
  • 4 Klinklang (PLS)

Trainers
  • 4 Devolution Spray
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 4 Heavy Ball
  • 4 Max Potion
  • 4 Tool Scrapper
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 4 Skyla
  • 4 Hugh
  • 4 Silver Mirror
  • 4 Tropical Beach

Strategy

This is basically a stall deck that exploits Tropical Beach. The win condition is deck out which is performed by using Aggron's Toppling Wind several times.

I tried Sableye/Aggron but it sucks. Sableye is too fragile and you cant expect to keep a field of 70 and 90 HP pokemons long enought to deck them out.

Some card choises:

Tool Scrapper: A wild Garbodor appears!

Silver Mirror: Decks such as Plasma or TDK cant do much against that card. 4 of them because if they run out of Tool Scrapers before you run out of Silver Mirrors = you win.

Max Potion: Without Ex is very difficult to 1HKO a 140 HP pokemon, specially since Fire is no longer a common offensive type, and the few Fire pokemons that sees play are Ex (Victiny Ex, Ho-Oh Ex, etc). Max Potion is basically a skip turn from your opponent at worst. It also lets me using Devolution Spray on 90 damaged Aggrons w/o losing the Lairons.

No Juniper: If I abuse Tropical Beach Juniper will deck me out before I deck them out.

No N: shuffling back their hand to their deck is counter productive.

Computer Search: Not sure if I should be running this or Dowsing Machine tbh. Having a 5th (or 4th if one is prized) Devolution Spray, Tool Scraper or Silver Mirror seems very important.

Hugh: Its N's perfect counter. If they try to stack a big hand to shuffle back with N I just cut it to 5, and if they use N with 1-2 prices left I just force them to draw back to 5.

Suggestions are welcome :)

You should try running the Drx Durant. It can help you get your resources back. You'd just have to put in a few energy, but that card could help this deck out a lot.

You should consider Bianca or Cheren at least. You may not need it as much when tropical beach is out. But it would still be nice to be able to draw more cards during your turn rather than having to just end it an sit there and then tropical beach. N is still good, it acts as disruption. Sure i get that you dont want to put more cards back into their deck. But if they have taken like 4 prizes, getting them down to 2 cards can actually save you. Especially if you end up milling away their supporters. Plus this deck needs heavy set up. You need those early junipers to allow you to get to the point where you can mill them. Your deck has no point if you cant set up because you cant get the right resources.

Also just Silver mirrors dont win you games completely. Granted you could have one in the active. They can still catcher around it near the end or just attack through it, once you run out of max potions, they can prevent aggron from de evolving or knock itself out on the bench. It can only completely wall plasma pokemon if you have no bench pokemon or prevent items like zebrador.

OblivionDvdr said:
You should try running the Drx Durant. It can help you get your resources back. You'd just have to put in a few energy, but that card could help this deck out a lot.
If I were to play an atking move pokemon I would play Sableye, and thats an Aggron version Im not comfortable with.

Ivy_Profen said:
You should consider Bianca or Cheren at least. You may not need it as much when tropical beach is out. But it would still be nice to be able to draw more cards during your turn rather than having to just end it an sit there and then tropical beach. N is still good, it acts as disruption. Sure i get that you dont want to put more cards back into their deck. But if they have taken like 4 prizes, getting them down to 2 cards can actually save you. Especially if you end up milling away their supporters. Plus this deck needs heavy set up. You need those early junipers to allow you to get to the point where you can mill them. Your deck has no point if you cant set up because you cant get the right resources.

Also just Silver mirrors dont win you games completely. Granted you could have one in the active. They can still catcher around it near the end or just attack through it, once you run out of max potions, they can prevent aggron from de evolving or knock itself out on the bench. It can only completely wall plasma pokemon if you have no bench pokemon or prevent items like zebrador.
N is bad in here. It hurts a lot. If you "disrupt" a big hand you basically make the game longer and increases the odds of losing.

Cheren seems like he could work. I will probably cut the Ultra Balls for him.

Btw, you completely missed the point of this deck. I dont need "heavy set up", nor I need multiple pokes on my board. I just use Aggrons to stall and make their deck thiner than mine. If they are Catchedand die thats okey. This isnt Sableye/Aggron were you need multiple Lairons and go for Devolution Spray to deck them out fast. Devo Spray in this version is just a luxury.

The idea behind this deck is that Klinklang with Silver Mirror and Max Potion is extreamly hard to kill, and they will most likely deck out before they take 6 prizes. Aggron is there to make sure they deck out before I do. No Juniper because it makes me deck out before they do.

Back