Cyclizar, Loaded Dice, and More Revealed from Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
At the closing ceremonies of the 2022 Pokemon World Championships, Pokemon officially revealed more information about Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet, which release November 18th worldwide. They revealed Cyclizar, a Dragon/Normal type Pokemon, and more about the competitive aspects of the new games.

Additionally, Pokémon revealed a couple of new items from the games, including a couple of new moves and a few new items.
New Items
Mirror Herb
Copies an opponent’s stat increases when consumed.
Covert Cloak
This hooded cloak conceals the holder, protecting it from the additional effects of moves.
Loaded Dice
Makes multistrike moves more likely to hit more times.
New Moves
Shed Tail
Create a substitute, then swap places with a party Pokemon in waiting.
Tera Blast
Changes type when the user has Terastallized...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Shed Tail is Substitute and Baton Pass in one move huh? I imagine Smeargle users will love it. Granted, it may not pass other things like Baton Pass does.

They also revealed a new item on the website that protects the holder from additional effects of moves (like flinch from fake out). It's called covert cloak.

My thoughts exactly. Like how Cosmog evolved into those box legends.
Yes. I’m getting stage 1 vibes. Maybe you catch a your box legendary and it de-evolves? Or maybe you have to return Cyclizar to the box legendary? Whatever they do, Scarlett and Violets gonna be POG!

I swear if this Cyclizar doesn't have any connection with the legendaries,I might bring more disasters on Planet Earth

Is it just me or does Cyclizar look like the box legendaries? Mabye the legendaries are stage 1/2 Pokemon?
According to leaks that have been substantiated about other things, Gen 9 will have a new type of 'formes' wherein there are 'Paradox Pokémon' that are past or future formes of a 'present' Pokémon. This bike could be the present forme of the Paradox box legendaries.

According to leaks that have been substantiated about other things, Gen 9 will have a new type of 'formes' wherein there are 'Paradox Pokémon' that are past or future formes of a 'present' Pokémon. This bike could be the present forme of the Paradox box legendaries.
That may well be the case. Love the new concept being brought to the game. ?

The trailer also shows us the first glimpse at ghost terralisation.

Oh! And as I read on the OG video, the terra-feature will make Pokémon mono-typed.
As you can see that the coal-dude (no clue the name right now) isn't hit effectively while normally beeing fire/stone.

I feel like they are pulling another Kubfu/Urshifu situation with this "Legendary". We will most like get it early on in the game then instead of it evolving depending on which item you pick it will evolve depending on which version of the game you have

I doubt Cyclizer is directly related to the legendaries gameplay-wise. Its description mentions people riding it is a pretty common sight. I'd imagine this is less a Cosmog or Kubfu and more a Carbink. (IE, it's not related gameplay-wise, but they're linked lore-wise.) That being said, I guess it's possible it is able to evolve into the cover legendaries, just in a way the public (in-universe) doesn't know about and is unable to replicate (like via some ancient artifact, or the player character being a descendent of some ancient person or something).

I really hope terra blast is 60bp or something relatively low. I dont like the idea that it will just be the brainless click move to replace all coverage.

Back