• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Damage Swap / Mewtwo Ex BW-on

cannabeast

Aspiring Trainer
I'm new to this page and this is the first deck of many I plan to share. Let me know what you guys think?

Pokemon: 14
2 Mewtwo Ex NXD
1 Shaymin Ex NXD
2 Tornadus EPO
2 Sableye DEX
3-1-3 Reuniclus BLW

Supporters: 8
4 N
4 Professor Juniper

Items: 25
2 Random Receiver
3 Rare Candy
2 Pokemon Communication
3 Ultra Ball
3 Level Ball
4 Max Potion
2 Super Scoop Up
2 Switch
2 Pokemon Catcher
2 Eviolite

Energy: 13
4 Double Colorless Energy {C}{C}
4 Blend Energy {P}{R}{G}{D}
3 Prism Energy
1 Psychic Energy {P}
1 Dark Energy {D}

The idea of this deck is to simply use damage swap and heal with max potion by using it on a high hp basic that has no energy attached to it. Mewtwo Ex is the main attacker of course. Suggestions? :D

You do know that Mewtwo EX get's KO'd by himself with just 2 or 3 Energys, right?

If the strategy of this deck is to heal, having Mewtwo EX as an attacker isn't the best.

Who would you recommend instead? I have a 3-3 set of Blissey and a 3-1-3 Line of Royal Heal Serperior when it comes to healing.

How do you keep people from catcher k.o.ing your reuniclus?

i suppose ill have to keep trying until i figure something out. its pretty fast. usually by the time reuniclus has been knocked out mewtwo has enough energy to finish out the game and theres also shaymin for when im behind. so far the deck is 3-0 against a reshiboar deck.

Lol the problem with this deck is that you will never be able to get enough energy on Mewtwo to win. First, you have no energy acceleration. Second, Solosis only has 30 HP, so Darkrai will thank you. Third, without energy acceleration, when they KO your Mewtwo (with theirs), you probably won't be able to respond. Fourth, I don't see how you can possibly heal Mewtwo since itwon't survive more than 1 turn or with luck 2 turns.

reuniclus is dead wood without trainer lock. all decks will be running 4 catcher bw-on. mewtwo needs support, he cant be a solo attacker.

back to the drawing board i guess

All makes sense to me. The reason why Id like to get this deck going is because I havnt really played pokemon since the first 4 sets so the damage swap idea seemed fun since its like Alakazam and all.

cannabeast said:
i suppose ill have to keep trying until i figure something out. its pretty fast. usually by the time reuniclus has been knocked out mewtwo has enough energy to finish out the game and theres also shaymin for when im behind. so far the deck is 3-0 against a reshiboar deck.

Just a heads up for testing, even though your opponent could be using the highest tier deck and you beat them consistently or even just once, that doesn't necessarily mean that the deck works, it just means you're playing against an inexperienced or bad player.

You could maybe try a terrakion and a couple energy to try to make the opponent think twice before catcher ko'ing reuniclus, its not very good for consistency but its an option. Just a thought

Back