Damaged cards

OldManRob

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys.

I recently looked at my OLDDD pokemon card collection. I noticed maybe 4 out of 30 of my reverse holos have a thin strip on the top. I thought this could have been fading, or maybe PVC damage because the top of the card is where the sleeves open, but my Binder and sleeves are both PVC-FREE (I was also under the impression there needs to be direct contact for that damage to occur.) One has a strip on the bottom, so that theory is out the window.

I didn't pay this close attention to detail when I was younger. Could these have been manufacturer faults? I had them all in a box away from light. These are from the e-reader series by the way. I notice a few reverse foil cards have tiny white specks (only noticeable if you look very closely) All my regular cards and normal foil cards are flawless, I'm confused??? If it had to do with the way I stored my cards, wouldn't this have happened to all of the cards?
For clarification these "strips" are along the yellow border of the card.

the aura is with me8 said:
Could you please provide a scan maybe that would shed some light?

OK here I scanned my mewtwo card

http://i56.tinypic.com/2d12cn.jpg I didn't embed it because its a big scan so you can see easier

you can see the stripe on top of the yellow border where the shade of the yellow is different. It's so weird because the reverse holos are the only cards giving me trouble, my base and jungle set cards I got when pokemon TCG first came out are still in mint. I think I might just have to start double sleeving those

I belive that is just part of the card, though I'm not exactly sure. Does the "strip" have any kind of odd texture or feel when you run your finger across it?

the aura is with me8 said:
I belive that is just part of the card, though I'm not exactly sure. Does the "strip" have any kind of odd texture or feel when you run your finger across it?
No, but I aligned it with other cards that have the same effect and it's not in the same spot. Some are higher, others lower. I notice the reflectiveness (is that a word?) is different in the light from the line up.

Back