• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Darkrai/Hydreigon deck

ehitmontop

Aspiring Trainer
3x Darkrai EX
3x Hydreigon Dragons Exalted
1x Zweilous NV
3x Deino NV
1x Shaymin EX
2x Sableye
1x Sigilyph Dragons Exalted

4x Professor Juniper
4x N
4x Random Receiver
4x Dark Patch
4x Pokemon Catcher
4x Rare Candy
3x Ultra Ball
3x Level Ball
4x Max Potion

8x Darkness Energy
4x Blend Energy GRPD

There is another version:
3x Darkrai Ex
3x Deino
1x Zweilous
- 2x Hydreigon Dragons Exalted with Ability
+ 2x Hydreigon with Ability Dark Aura - very good combination with Darkrai Ex
1x Hydreigon DE
-1x Shaymin Ex
+1x Tornadus Ex - against Fighting Pokémons
2x Sabley
1x Sigilyph DE

4x Double Colorless Energy
9x Darkness Energy
2x Psychic Energy

4x Prof. Juniper
3x Cheren
3x N
3x Rare Candy
2x Random Receiver
3x Ultra Ball
2x Level Ball
4x Dark Patch
2x Dark Claw
2x Max Potion
2x Super Rod - or 1x Super Rod and 1x Skyarow Bridge
1x Enhanced Hammer

Or: - 2x Max Potion
+ 2x Eviolite

Pok Hanss said:
There is another version:
3x Darkrai Ex
3x Deino
1x Zweilous
- 2x Hydreigon Dragons Exalted with Ability
+ 2x Hydreigon with Ability Dark Aura - very good combination with Darkrai Ex
1x Hydreigon DE
-1x Shaymin Ex
+1x Tornadus Ex - against Fighting Pokémons
2x Sabley
1x Sigilyph DE

4x Double Colorless Energy
9x Darkness Energy
2x Psychic Energy

4x Prof. Juniper
3x Cheren
3x N
3x Rare Candy
2x Random Receiver
3x Ultra Ball
2x Level Ball
4x Dark Patch
2x Dark Claw
2x Max Potion
2x Super Rod - or 1x Super Rod and 1x Skyarow Bridge
1x Enhanced Hammer

Or: - 2x Max Potion
+ 2x Eviolite

This build seems quite horrible, it's taken away most of the while point of the deck for clunky stuff and it's running some unneeded cards.

I don´t agree. I wrote, that this is ANOTHER version. My version is version used in my country for our metagame. I don´t see any unneeded card.

This deck list seems much better then any other hydreigon/darkrai deck I have seen. I would reccommend taking out something for another sabley, because the you can reuse the cards more. Also the winning deck in japan waswith mewtwo so i suggest testing that out as well. I really like the deck list though, and I thought it was well thought out.

I see that this deck has not Pokémon Catcher. So: - 1x Level Ball, - 1x Max Potion and - 1x Enhanced Hammer and + 3 Pokémon Catcher ...

Pok Hanss I can't see why your other version is good. You basically put a Stage 2 in a deck that does everything that Darkrai does but much less devastating and it also costs more energy. Really can't see the point. And how do you know your metagame if there hasn't been any Dragons EXhalted premier event like BRs or something like that?

Pok Hanss said:
I don´t agree. I wrote, that this is ANOTHER version. My version is version used in my country for our metagame. I don´t see any unneeded card.

Dark Claw is useless, it doesn't turn any 2 hit KO's into 1 hit KO's. barring some seldom seen Pokemon like Thundurus and Tornadus (EP), you'll mostly be attacking EX's and it doesn't help at all.

Between DCE and Dark Patch, it's attack cost isn't too much of an obstacle. A T2 Hydreigon can KO both Benched Tynamos. It could be viable in a completely different meta.

I wonder how many times you will get a Stage 2, 4 Energy in 1 Pokémon and be able to retreat the active (because you need the Dark Patc to charge Hydreigon) to attack T2. Doesn't seem very likely to me.

I see. I suppose you'd need a DCE, attach to active for retreat, and two Dark Patch, or two DCE for the T2.

Back