Darkrai Lvx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draekfist

I pwn noobz
Darkrai L.X – Darkness – HP100
Level Up

Poke-Body: Dark Shadow
All Basic Darkness Energy cards attached to your Darkness type Pokemon gain the following text: “If the Pokemon this card is attached to does damage to any Active Pokemon, that damage is increased by 10.” This Body stops working if another of your Pokemon’s Dark Shadows is already in effect.

[D][D][C] Eternal Darkness: 40 damage. The Defending Pokemon is now Asleep. In between turns, the opponent flips 2 coins, and the Pokemon doesn’t wake up unless both are heads. If both are tails, the Defending Pokemon is Knocked Out.

This card is so broken!
Discuss!

It's better than Dusclops. Darkrai Lv.X does at least 60 for 3, and they will either wake up, stay asleep, or get auto-KOed between turns.

Dusclops gets no damage, no cool effect if you fail, just kill them or squat.

That does hold some truth. I was thinking a little about that after I posted lol. Compared to the formats they were in I view them as somewhat equal though. The biggest difference is the damage for Darkrai. Either way I was saying that 25% KOs aren't as broken as they seem. Though this card is very good, I plan on trying it out, especially for its PokeBody.

This card is really good especially when you play it in a pure Darkness deck....
So far, I've thought of one card who can stop Darkrai's poke-body but by the time the new DP set comes out, the edition is already rotated, so I can't think of any other card to stop Darkrai LV X...

LVL Xes are quite hard to get, quite hard to get out and this one only has 100 HP. I think he deserves a cool Body and attack like this.

This one's gonna be cake to get out. It only has a basic you need to get out before hand. Just run 2 Darkrai and 2 Darkrai Lv. X. Other lines you can only use like 1 Lv. X to stay consistent. That's what I really like about this set. Only problem is you need to be Active to Lv Up but nothing's perfect I guess lol :/ I just wish the rarity rate on Lv. X's were more like EXs :/

Duskull isn't all that... I guess being able to KO your opponent's Defending Pokemon is nice and all, but wouldn't you prefer an easier way to do it? You've only got a 25% chance of getting two heads, after all... That means you might never get them. His second attack, however, is perfect for Snipe Decks I suppose...

But with regards to Darkrai Lv. X I'm not all that sure, to be honest... He isn't broken because, as I said before, you've only got a 25% chance of waking the Pokemon up or KOing it... You'll more than often find that it only becomes an 60 point Attack that puts your opponent's Pokemon to sleep for a while...

So yeah, I can't wait to try this out in my DarkSnipe deck... Shiftry EX (CG) alone will become insanely evil... 100 point attack through Blade Arms in a pure Dark Deck... Not bad, eh? It means, for comparative purposes, that Shiftry EX would then be able to kill off all but 60 or so Pokemon in Modified... Adding that much power is certainly something I look forward to! xD

anyone remember Dark Gengar? the two flips for asleep? that dominated my scene and i dominated with it, it works, surprisingly, but that was running a proper evo line, with 3-4 of these babies. With the Lv.X you can only play one right? and yeah, i see shiftry and darkrai owning.

You can play three Lvl. Xs, not one. But a great card overall. And if the coins don't KO them, they will be KOed by the 80-power attack while they can't do a thing. Broken.

It's not broken lol :/ It's good but not broken. Remember the max you'll be able to get out a game (Excluding Night Maintenance) is 2. You need to be active to Lv. Up, I'm sure a player could predict a Lv. X coming up.

Not that anyone plays it anymore, but Holon WP Energy just destroys this.

I'm not saying he's bad, I can't wait to try it out. But he doesn't look like he has format breaker written on him. I like his PokeBody lots too.

If you ask me, the card was already good enough with that Poké Body. All we needed was a way of easily getting Darks onto your Pokémon and have Weavile as the main attacker.
The attack, though, makes the card that little bit more powerful. If they flip 2 tails, KO'ed. Only 25% chance, b ut that isn't too bad. Also, could they be KO'ed after their turn as well? If so, then it's more like a 37.5% chance that they will be KO'ed before your turn, a 37.5% chance of them waking up and a 25% chance of them just staying asleep. That makes the card that little bit more broken (If that makes sense).

this poke-body, any dark basic energy attached gain this efect?

only attach to Darkrai Lv. X? or any dark pokemon??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back