Deck Discussion #2: Dialga G/Legos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Thunder

so long!
Well, I took this idea from the series of threads from the Miscellaneous forum. This thread will be the second in a series of threads where you can discuss a certain deck. Every few days, a new thread will be posted.

Today's thread will be about Dialga G. This deck is built around Dialga G (Platinum) who uses Body locking through Dialga G LV. X and Trainer locking with Dialga G's attack. Dialga G also can deal 70 damage for only 2 energy. Dialga G has also been known to run with Palkia G and its Level X (Platinum) to allow for Bench restriction. When Palkia G is included, often times a Dialga G changes into a Legos deck. A Legos deck also includes Mesprit (Legends Awakened), who allows a one turn Power lock. Palkia G LV. X then gets rid of the Mesprit, allowing a new one to be played. With all these locks, the opponent would be hard pressed to do anything.

In this and any deck discussion thread, the idea is to discuss the decks' possible techs, how they fares in the metagame, what Tier they is in, their counters, a good decklist for the decks, or just discussing the decks in general. Since this thread has two decks that are similiar, you could even have a "Dialga G VS. Legos" debate.

For the previous deck discussion, please click on the link:

DD1: Blazetran: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=56194

Now....discuss!

Fun deck has good match-ups but some bad especially the semi-new luxape deck all in all though its a really fun deck and competetive at that :)

Lost Cyclone said:
Fun deck has good match-ups but some bad especially the semi-new luxape deck all in all though its a really fun deck and competetive at that :)

Agreed. I like this deck a ton. I do not use it however but the only reason I don't is because for some reason, I get a ton of bad luck when playing it. I dont know why either. :/

bad matchup against luxape

Please try and stay on-topic with your posts. In addition, try and make sense with your posts. Thank you. ~Xous

Haven't really found out why, but I love Legos. Why? Well you can fit in all sorts of things that would otherwise clog up bench space. Multiple Uxies, Azelfs, Crobats, Mesprits... Even a Suicune SW for a quick Palkia retrieval, lol. You just trash them immediately after use, much like discarding decks (which are still somewhat a personal favourite). Fun thing, your opponent must do the same. And he probably doesn't really want to.
And Power-locking with just Power Spray is already annoying. Power-locking with 4 Mesprits and some Power Spray is infinitely worse. Effectively you're locking Powers throughout 6 turns of a game. That's a lot. And locking your opponent's only Azelf can be game-breaking. Most decks I playtested Legos against on Redshark lost from it because they couldn't get anything going. LuxApe has an easy match, sure. Every deck has its weaknesses.

And then there's Dialga G. They hardly have anything in common, these two. Dialga G never really appealed to me. Trainer-locking is nice and Stadium-locking is sometimes handy (Dusknoir X, or Galactic HQ vs. Flygon/Beedrill is a good example) but other than that, I'm not very fond of its attacks. They don't go all that well together, and Palkia G X is just very different. It's like you need Deafen and Skuntank G/Crobat G on T1, then you can finish off with Second Strike. I see how it would work, I'm just not all that fond of it. I like Honchkrow G way more. Roseanne's for it and a Crobat G and snipe a 50 HP basic of choice with just 1 energy and an Energy Gain. This feels more "sudden" and just is more my way to play. Or if Palkia G already had time to attack, you can use his 10 spread to finish things off with Honchkrow. Yup, definitely a combo I love way more.
Then there's the other side. Purely fact-based, Dialga G X is a very competitive card and still going strong. Locking a whole lot of important Bodies is really nice and against some decks even better than Cyclone Lost. And 80 for 3 has always been decent as far as I know, getting the chance to destroy energies is a freaking awesome game mechanic and a nice bonus if it works. Overall, they both have their pros and cons, but as a deck I like Legos way more.

Legoes. Got 17th with it at the Regionals (could have done better but lost last round due to misplay.) It is like... an awesome deck. You fill your bench up with Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf, stuff and then just clean it up while disrupting your opponent. Sure, you really fall to Luxape, but that's why you run Floatzel GL Lv.X. He is a great tech in Legoes and Palkia G. So much locking with Mesprit is great.

Dialga G, on the other hand, is something I don't know why became so good. Sure, Deafen will hurt your opponent, but most decks can recover from that downfall. And locking bodies isn't so bad if you aren't running bodies either.

lol Luxape is beatable with Legos... you just have to play a solid enough list, and tech for the matchup, since in reality if you play smart it's your only negative one (Champ and Flygon are both suuuper easy to play around with it and get hurt bad by power/trainer lock too)

esperante said:
lol Luxape is beatable with Legos... you just have to play a solid enough list, and tech for the matchup, since in reality if you play smart it's your only negative one (Champ and Flygon are both suuuper easy to play around with it and get hurt bad by power/trainer lock too)

What techs are you reffering to exactly? I want to try out a Legos deck, and I honestly don't think there is anything I can do to stop LuxApe from murdering me, or atleast the "Lux" part.

Dialga is cool yet clunky. And totally loses to Infernape. Ah well. Body locking is amazing though and it was best in the PL-on format.

dmaster out.

darksoulSP said:
esperante said:

What techs are you reffering to exactly? I want to try out a Legos deck, and I honestly don't think there is anything I can do to stop LuxApe from murdering me, or atleast the "Lux" part.

It's seriously possible for Legoes to defeat LuxApe. Again, a decent tech is Promocroak G, who is serious revenge in Legoes against LuxApe. He also really helps in Magic Legoes as well. And if you can Mesprit Lock and Power Spray the Poke Powers, LuxApe would trail behind.

esperante said:

Unless you go first and don't get the Deafen lock. Then Machamp and Flygon are a pretty bad match up.

Gliscor said:
darksoulSP said:
esperante said:

It's seriously possible for Legoes to defeat LuxApe. Again, a decent tech is Promocroak G, who is serious revenge in Legoes against LuxApe. He also really helps in Magic Legoes as well. And if you can Mesprit Lock and Power Spray the Poke Powers, LuxApe would trail behind.

It would be really good, but just asking, what is Magic Legos?

Alakazam E4 Lv.X + Dialga/Palkia. Heals damage counters off^.

dmaster out.

Not to necropost...but what about Blazray? Now that Vapor Kick when Palkia G is benched OHKO's DGX, it seems like there's no way to tech around it (because Palkia G can't do enough to OHKO back)

Any thoughts?

Kohrok said:
Not to necropost...but what about Blazray? Now that Vapor Kick when Palkia G is benched OHKO's DGX, it seems like there's no way to tech around it (because Palkia G can't do enough to OHKO back)

Any thoughts?

palkia G does 50 + 1 crobat drop = OHKO

Gliscor said:
Legoes. Got 17th with it at the Regionals (could have done better but lost last round due to misplay.) It is like... an awesome deck. You fill your bench up with Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf, stuff and then just clean it up while disrupting your opponent. Sure, you really fall to Luxape, but that's why you run Floatzel GL Lv.X. He is a great tech in Legoes and Palkia G. So much locking with Mesprit is great.

Dialga G, on the other hand, is something I don't know why became so good. Sure, Deafen will hurt your opponent, but most decks can recover from that downfall. And locking bodies isn't so bad if you aren't running bodies either.
Dialga G was amazing during States/Regionals. With 3 Special Metals it had 150 HP, it was removing energy and 2-shotting everything. Bronzong+Poke Turn and Blissey made the deck a serious tank. And Deafen hurts Stage 2 so much it's not even funny. Unless you have a backup plan, try setting up a 2-1-2 Machamp line under Deafen or all 4 Beedrills. And SP doesn't like not having Energy Gain, Poke Turn and SP Radar (see Spiritomb).

I think Dialga/Garchomp is way better than Dialga/Palkia currently and I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet. Extremely effective healing on Dialga and heal in general combined with tanking and sniping is seriously good, especially with a built-in Mewtwo counter, energy removal and all that stuff. And that's not applying for Deafen.

Celebi23 said:
I think Dialga/Garchomp is way better than Dialga/Palkia currently and I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet. Extremely effective healing on Dialga and heal in general combined with tanking and sniping is seriously good, especially with a built-in Mewtwo counter, energy removal and all that stuff. And that's not applying for Deafen.

That's because this thread was revived and it's a couple months old even before SV came out. :F As such, there's not much point continuing to discuss. If you guys want to discuss more just make a new topic since this is so old.

Kohrok said:

Any thoughts?

You really shouldn't post at all without PMing a Mod to see if it's ok. Reviving a dead thread that hasn't had posts in it for two weeks or over is against the rules.

dmaster out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back