Deck Mechanics (vrooom, vrooom!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocRobot_K-176

Red Raging Rampage
We are looking for members that are interested in reviewing and improving decks so that they are ready for competitive play (Battle Road, future City Championships, future Regionals, etc.) Selected reviewers will be requested to write reviews of decks that members submit. We will be looking for the following:

1) A discussion of the strategy of the deck in its unrevised form. That is, the deck in the state that it was submitted in. How do the cards interact with each other? How does the deck try to counter its weaknesses? These questions, and other questions of that nature, will be addressed here.

2) A discussion about the best ways to improve the deck. This not only includes changes to the functionality of the deck, but also how to improve the matchups that this deck has against popular decks in the metagame. (ex: adding Latios-ex d to counter Pokémon-ex).

To be qualified for this position, it is recommended that you have at least 2 years experience in the TCG or more, with a solid understanding of game mechanics and evolution of the metagame. A writing ability at the 10th grade level, including proper grammar and spelling, is required. Word processing capabilities (Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, Microsoft Works, Open Office, etc) is also required. Finally, you must have the time to be able to write a review once every week at your best effort. Do not apply if you intend on backing down within 3 months.

To apply, post your past experience with the TCG. You may post your rankings, your results at previous tournaments- anything that you feel is necessary to demonstrate that you are qualified for one of these positions. Make sure your spelling and grammar has the same quality as it would be as if you were in the position of writing reviews already. If you copy someone else's post with the intentions of using it as your application, it will result in a permanent ban.

Once we find enough applicants that we feel are qualified for this position, I will close this thread and the next phase will begin.

With these points in mind, show us what you are capable of!

RE: Deck Fix-er-up-ers

Can I nominate several people for this? I know two/three that regularly fix decks. Don't ask me, I have no qualifications.

I'll help out....with some help from Crystal Suicune & Jade (also a few other people that I know) where & when needed.

Vrooom, vrooom?

Lol. I'm free ATM. So, if there is anything that I can help with, please PM or inform me. As you can see, I was an ex-Strategist and Team Leader of the Strategist Team (Neo). =]

I did the title. ;)

Note that this position will require you to probably fix a few decks every day, depending on how many people send them in, and how many people we have to fix them.

Hope this works out, Deck Garage and the Trading Corner have been Liad back after the D/P Release, only if...

I was thinking about applying first but ah, well, at least I like the idea. Applying wouldn't be a good idea I think. I'm not a native English speaker (though I write it beyond average for a 16year old, if I am in a position to say so myself, lol), I'm not the best mechanic around these forums of yours, but I can assure you that there will be better people applying for this position, prolly people who are hanging around these forums for a bit longer than myself. ^^ Hope this turns out great, can't wait to read those reviews and such.

Please don't post in a thread that hasn't been replied to in two weeks or more. This thread is now closed for discussion.

->Locked<-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back