• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Del-Boar

magicpen6666

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 3-1-3 Delphox
    3-3 Emboar
    1 Mewtwo EX
    2 Reshiram (Outrage)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 3 Skyla
    3 Juniper
    4 N
    3 Ultra Ball
    1 Level Ball
    3 Superior Energy Retrieval
    4 Rare Candy
    3 Fiery Torch
    2 Professor's Letter
    2 Muscle Band
    2 Startling Megaphone
    1 Dowsing Machine
    1 Float Stone
Energy:

• 12 Fire Energy

Strategy:
Okay, so I'm basically trying to predict the metagame here while keeping Emboar, one of my favorite cards, useful even though its favorite partner Rayquaza EX will probably rotate out before the beginning of next season. Obviously Delphox is the main attacker, and I get the feeling that with Tropical Beach rotating out, its Mystical Fire ability may become very popular for consistency. Emboar powers up Delphox's Blaze Ball with Inferno Fandango, as well as charging up the secondary attackers Reshiram and Mewtwo EX. The supporters are pretty standard, and Superior Energy Retrieval is there to grab energies that were discarded for Ultra Ball, Dowsing Machine, or Fiery Torch out of the Discard Pile. The lone Float Stone is for retreating Emboar if it gets Lysandre'd. I know the deck is a little lite on Pokemon searches with only 3 Ultra and 1 Level, but there are lots of Draw Supporters and you only really need to get 1 Delphox out to really start moving things along thanks to Mystical Fire. I appreciate any and all advice so long as it isn't mean spirited or disrespectful. Thanks :)

4 Skyla is a must. Fiery Torch is going to be pretty much useless after you get a Delphox (or 2) set up, so I'd take those out, or at least lower their count. I'd go with one Switch over Float Stone, as that will get you out of Sleep as well.

In summary:
+1 Skyla
-1 Float Stone
+1 Switch
-1 or 2 Fiery Torch

In the space of those, I'd say maybe add some more draw support, such as Colress (which is of course situational) and Shauna. Hope this helped at least a little! :)

Back