Ruling Desert Ruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolly The Legendary

I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal
Sorry for the n00bish question but some dude from my point of view has it all wrong. He argued with me over and over so much that I guess it got into my head.

Here's my question:

Desert Ruins says place one damage counter on each Pokemon EX with maximum HP of at least 100.

Venusaur Ex, he has 150 HP, if this is in play. He gets it a counter on him.

Charizard Ex, he has 160 HP, if Ruins is in play, he gets a counter on him.

Mew Ex, it has 90 HP. It doesn't get a counter.

Basically, the card lays a counter on every ex pokemon with over 100HP right?

Yes it is correct.

Anyone who have more than 100HP gets a counter, which Mew ex, Rocket Sneasel ex etc does not get a counter. =)

It is correct, so 70HP, 80HP,90HP Pokémon EXs will NOT get a counter, while 100HP, 110 HP and so on WILL get 1

like low pressure system? It can make a 90 HP pokemon EX of either grass or lightning type 100 HP and then you know what.... So you'd better use a TA's Sealeo Knockover and kill that low pressure system.

Rocket's Mewtwo ex + Desert Ruins works IMO.Its a good combo. You have to be able to control damage on him though for it to be successful.

He means that Low Pressure System and Desert Ruins can't be in play at the same time since they are both stadiums.

If LPS is in play giving that Grass or Lightning Pokémon-ex 100 HP, Desert Ruins can't be in play to give them damage counters because it's a stadium, and upon putting Desert Ruins in play, LPS would get discarded. Since it got discarded, the Pokémon loses the +10 HP and therefore would not be affected by Desert Ruins because it is back down to 90 HP.

Low Pressure System gives all Grass-type and Lightning-type Pokémon in play +10HP. It does not stack (for things like Kecleon's Poké-Bodies).

Ok but does it mean Pokemon with an ORIGINAL HP of 100+? So let's say my Arcanine Ex was at 90 HP, does it still get a damage counter on it after every turn?

George2FRESH said:
Ok but does it mean Pokemon with an ORIGINAL HP of 100+? So let's say my Arcanine Ex was at 90 HP, does it still get a damage counter on it after every turn?

Conditions like the one on Desert Ruins always take the current game state into account. If something is modifying a Pokemon's maximum HP, you would look at the modified HP when deciding if a Pokemon is a valid target for Desert Ruins.

I believe we brought this topic up a long time ago with regards to Lumineon MT's Poke-Power:

Once during your turn (before your attack), if Lumineon is your Active Pokemon, you may choose 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon that has maximum HP of 100 or more and switch it with 1 of the Defending Pokemon. This power can't be used if Lumineon is affected by a Special Condition.

If something is granting a Pokemon extra HP that puts it over 100 HP max, it becomes a valid target for Lumineon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back