Discussion Different Card Legality In Pokemon TCGO?

handsomep

Aspiring Trainer
Cards like Reset Stamp and Red Card are banned in TCG Expanded, but not in TCGO when playing Versus Mode with an Expanded deck. Does this mean that all cards are legal in TCGO?

DjKniteX

Aspiring Trainer
Unless you played a different mode or VS a buddy but I made an expanded deck using reset stamp and my deck won't even show up on the list when I go to Versus Mode - Expanded

handsomep

Aspiring Trainer
It was Versus mode against an arbitrary opponent. I'm not sure that you can choose the format of the game. You can filter your decks by type (Theme, Standard, Expanded, Legacy) and the corresponding decks will show up but when you hit Play, I think you can be matched up against other types (including I guess Legacy where these banned cards are legal). Unless it's only when they can't by find an opponent with a matching type for you that this happens?

DjKniteX

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not able to test cause my "banned" deck isn't even showing up on the list when I go to versus mode (I added 2 reset stamps)

pkmn1.PNG

pkmn2.PNG

pkmn3.PNG

DjKniteX

Aspiring Trainer
It doesn't show up on legacy; especially since it's not even marked for Legacy (There's an X for every format except unlimited)

pkmn4.PNG

handsomep

Aspiring Trainer
Ah, OK. I figured Legacy offered a greater choice of cards and it might show up there, but not even Legacy legal, got it. I guess you'd need to be able to choose Unlimited in the dropdown list, but it's not there. Perhaps it used to be there and the people playing Reset Stamp and Red Card have an older version of the software.