Ruling Discarding Energy

Silver Zangoose

Opal Version: The Ultimate quest.
I have a question. If I had a charizard ex, with two Holons Electrode attached to it, and 1 rainbow energy, and I used flame blast, what would I discard? It asks you to discard 5 fire energy, but what if I made up for that requirement with special energy? What would I discard?

It has no change even if you meet the requirement with special energy as Holon Electrode and rainbow energy provide fire energy as well. Since the attack stated that you must discard 5 fire energy. So you need to discard them all.

Hope it clears you up...

I'm not sure or anything, but you might not be able to use Flame Blast until you get real-live fire energy.

Charizard's probably right, I'm nowhere near sure.

CastformCloud said:
I'm not sure or anything, but you might not be able to use Flame Blast until you get real-live fire energy.

no, the text doesn't state that you have to discard BASIC energy card.

Yeah because while in play, Rainbow energy becomes the energy type of your choice and doesn't count as a Special Energy. Its only while its not in play is it special. So i would probably guess that you have to discard Rainbow Energys to the equivalent of the attack cost. If that makes any sense.... it does in my mind lol

Oh yeah i forgot about that. Even if it didn't i think you could still attack by discarding Rainbow as a fire energy card.
If every energy became fire, surely you would need 4 electrodes as they wouldn't count as two each?

This ques is same as boost energy. The poke body stated that it only changes the energy type, but doesn't change the number of energy.

Back