Pokemon Do you know other people in real life who play Pokémon?

RE: Do you know other people irl who play pokemon or are you the only one in your area?

You are never the only one. With such a popular franchise, you are bound to have someone else whos plays it. Whether it be Video game or TCG, there is always one person. For me, I thought nobody except little kids bought the TCG. Went to pre-release. I saw so many people who likes it. It is truly shocking.

RE: Do you know other people irl who play pokemon or are you the only one in your area?

I have lots of tournaments where I live so I know tons of people who play.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
You are never the only one. With such a popular franchise, you are bound to have someone else whos plays it. Whether it be Video game or TCG, there is always one person. For me, I thought nobody except little kids bought the TCG. Went to pre-release. I saw so many people who likes it. It is truly shocking.

people that you know, not people in general

i thought i made that clear with the first three words of the title, but it's alright

I think pokemon in (atleast my) high school is very popular on the down low. The, for a lack of a better word, nerds play on their DSs in the hallways, library, and cafeteria and at the same time the Jocks are emulating emerald on their new Iphones in class, but they won't admit to it. And I hear that in College people are more up front with it.
I really like the leagues because it allows you to meet other people in the area that also have a love for pokemon, even if sometimes they are all 5 years younger than you!

A few of my friends from high school do.

A couple people I know play.

As far as I know, I'm the only Pokemaniac at my school. I'm way too shy about it, so I usually keep it a secret. I've been trying to express it more now though. I promised myself that by the start of next year, I would wear a Pikachu Hoodie on first day :D!

I still don't have it yet though :(

RE: Do you know other people in real life who play Pokemon?

I have 3 friends that play Pokemon. I'm the one that introduced them to to the franchise.

They tend to hide during middle school and high school, but once you get to college (or technical school, like I'm in) they all start coming out of the woodwork. I can think of four people here off the top of my head, and this is a school with only a few hundred students. There's probably even more that I've just never talked to.

I know a couple of people at my school who do but they don't know that I do (and I probably do more). And I'm starting to think that one of my closest friends does but he just what own up to it for some reason.

I'm proud to have been the one who introduced my old class to Pokémon. These days however, only 5 of my friends play Pokémon.

In my school, playing Pokémon gets you the fame of a stupid nerd kid. Quite immature for someone to think playing Pokémon games makes you a worse person in any way.

I know loads of people, now that played whilst in school. Obviously it isn't something shouted around, when I started college a few months in everyone started playing Pokémon.

Well, if you're talking about a casual colleague relationship, then I know all the people who go with me to Leagues, Tournaments, Pre-Releases, etc. But if you're talking about an emotionally close friend I mingle with, day in and day out, not so much these days.

I MAY still live quite close to a friend's house who does... assuming he didn't move after these 10-ish years, and assuming he still plays Pokémon.

At my old job a couple years ago, we got a new employee and I found out he liked Pokemon too. I was blown away. I never seem to find anyone in my area who likes Pokemon. It was fun talking Pokemon with him before I left that job. The last time I got to talk that openly about Pokemon to someone I just met was probably way back during the R/B/G/S eras.

No one.
Im from israel and here there might be a few people out there but I never heard anyone talks about pokemon not even kids for years. There are no pre realeases no tournaments ..as far as I heard
there is only 2 stores I know that sells tcg cards in my area and they have only bw and ep sets

Maybe some kids play some tcg and others a little vg
I might be the greatest pokemon fan in israel lol

My sister played Pokemon, and my best friend also plays it when she gets the chance. I also have a few other friends that collect the trading cards.

I have a bunch of friends who like pokemon. We trade cards at school but I don't think any of us actually know how to play right.

TheTPCProductionz said:
I know loads of people, now that played whilst in school. Obviously it isn't something shouted around, when I started college a few months in everyone started playing Pokémon.

I know right, for me during high school you were shun, and then in college everyone starts playing it. I know about 20 people that play.

Back