Do you think 3 months for a set release is too fast?

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I am just wondering because I can only get cards every 2 months or so and then it is time for a new set. Do you think the release dates should be about 6 months or longer?:)

Well, they have to get at least 8 DP sets released before the next season, so that's reasonable. Once we have 8, they'll calm down a bit and only release 4 sets a year.

lol its a bit tooooo slow actually
omg do you want to know how many GE packs i got in total before MD's Pre-release?

i got 98 packs, paying only 45-50 dollars lol....
i won most of the others

I WAS DIEING FOR A NEW SET TO ARRIVE SOON

It's too slow.
If was any longer, we'll be over-run with bootlegs/fakes.

Our prizes for States, BR's and Nationals was all GE. As was all the other tournaments we had. (I don't think Cities was GE, though.)

Too much GE. Haha. I think a new set every 2 or 3 months solid would be awesome. Add some variety.

Not really. If its too slow, most of the players will complain because metagame would be the same in every sanctioned tournament until the new set is released. If its too fast, then players might not have enough cash to buy both sets in a short period of time. So overall, 3 months is not too fast or slow. It's normal.... :)

maybe what about we can have a set every 2nd month
and then after that, we can have a 3 month gap, then another PR, (2 months) and another PR

or we can pick our prizes lol
so we dont get overrun on the same bloody set

I'm a collector, so I think it is a little to fast, but still, it is such a rush to be waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and then BOOM! You have the scans! I find that to make up for any speedy releasing.

If we got to choose our prizes, the TO's would have to bring multiple boxes of each set currently avilable. That is a lot of Moola.
Anyway, I think that the time between packs is a very normal ammount. And we get 4 sets a year, meaning that by each worlds, the Metagame has raddicly been altered. But seriously, Gallade/Gardevoir have dominated the Metagame for 6 months already. MD will hopefully bring some counters...

abaxter94 said:
If we got to choose our prizes, the TO's would have to bring multiple boxes of each set currently avilable. That is a lot of Moola.
Anyway, I think that the time between packs is a very normal ammount. And we get 4 sets a year, meaning that by each worlds, the Metagame has raddicly been altered. But seriously, Gallade/Gardevoir have dominated the Metagame for 6 months already. MD will hopefully bring some counters...

It's already thought by everyone that G&G's getting stronger with MD, LA however...

anyways, 3 months is just perfect... I wish I had more time to collect the cards, but 3's fine by me...

to me its ok but then its to slow cause when u win at tournaments u get the same old packs when u need some new cards for better decks

I think it's a good pace for sets to be released at. That way there's enough time for you to anticipate and buy the cards prior to the previous release. I tkind of stinks that Majestic Dawn is being released three days before Battle Roads starts though :/

Too slow if you got the money or if you are good to win packs, too fast if you are bad and/or have no money. Ifelt it was too slow when i was catching up collecting cards of previous exp, but now i feel it takes ages to a set realease.

They need to give everyone a chance to get most of the cards before they release another set though. They need to slow down to one every 6 months or so because it will give us some time to get a pretty good chunk of each set. They go too quick for me because I am a collector also. For those that can't get cards as often as everyone else they should give time for everyone to get their hands on some before releasing a new set. It is like this I just got new cards and already a new set? This is just an example. This is why they should slow down somewhat a little bit. I would like to see a set released 2 times a year instead of 4 times a year. I just goes way to fast now a days. I am just now starting to work on Dragon Frontiers cards an the 5th D/P set is about 3 months away. I say they are going too fast.:)

Never forget that the game's major purpose is to make money. More sets = more money, from both collectors and tourney players. The trick is finding a balance that doesn't turn away collectors, while giving tourny players enough cards to keep happy, as those are the people who draw new players to the game. Nintendo seems to think they've found that balance, taking after many other tcgs.

In all seriousness, if you don't have enough money to collect, then the sad reality is that you shouldn't be collecting. :(

I know. If they did do it every 6 months then they will make tons of money on the sales of their products. They would also save on printing in the long-run if they did this and it would also give them more time to plan a new set to make it a whole lot better than the last. If they do it this way they would save money while making money at the same time. They get most of their money from sales anyway. It would also give everyone the chance to work on the sets and catch up to the newer one also.:)

xxashxx said:
I know. If they did do it every 6 months then they will make tons of money on the sales of their products.
1) They would make less money on product sales as fewer people would buy cards they already have. Think "milking a dead cow".
xxashxx said:
They would also save on printing in the long-run if they did this. If they do it this way they would save money while making money at the same time. They get most of their money from sales anyway.
2) Saving on printing = Less sales. When they already make profit off of printing cards, they'd actually lose money by stopping.
xxashxx said:
It would also give everyone the chance to work on the sets and catch up to the newer one also.
3) One of the points I was trying to make is that most of their money comes from serious collectors/players, who have either the entire set, or all the cards they want from it. If they slowed down releases to allow slower collectors to catch up, then they would actually lose money from the serious collectors. As the serious collectors spend more money, it's a net loss for Nintendo. :(

Oh I see now. I just think they are coming out to fast. Well for me anyway.:)

Back