Pokemon Do you think I should leave pokemon

Should I stay with pokemon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always was into Pokemon, there was a time when I stopped the tcg, mainly because I was 7 and wanted to be cool. thats another story, but I came back to it a year later. If you didn't like it anymore you definately wouldn't cry or make a big deal of leaving. When people stop playing they make out like they are movign on into a different part of life and hope that memories of Pokemon will remain with them, but they must journey into a new gaming era... all that kind of baloni. IMO, you should try the following:

1. Keep your Pokemon stuff. If you come back to it later, you will be happy to have all oyur stuff. Don't sell it.

2. Give Pokemon a break. Relax into life more. If you want to carry on, you will come back to it.

3. Stop getting all emtional. Not at all in a mocking or offencive way, I can understand why you must be upset, but maybe you need to stop taking it so seriously?

IMHO, I don't really get how you can 'leave' a game. You may stop playing it, but you aren't leaving anything. When people refer to 'leaving' pokemon, it makes them feel it is more of a big thing. In reality, all you are doing is stopping playinga game involving fictional cartoon characters. In no way am I saying Pomkemon is lame, but it is just a game. You will not die without it.

Really. all you need to think about is this:

Do I like Pokemon?

If yes, why give up?

If no, why not?

The fact that you cried when trying to sell your tcg cards says to me that you like pokemon. I play many other games other than POkemon, it is allowed to do that. No biggie. Carry on playing, but maybe don't take it so seriously.

^Very nicely said. I agree 110%.

If you leave:

1. You save money. You don't need to buy the cards!
2. More free time! You don't need to have your mind cluttered with strategies and you can go outside and just relax.
3. Save gasoline. No more driving to tourneys!

So, just think about what you could save, and what you could lose.

Your never too old for something. Unless its Elmo. I know adults woh still play pokemon.

riskbreakers said:
Do what i do.. Though i still play pokemon.. I lessen the buying and playing. Dont leave the game just lessen you're time with it..
I'm not so sure if lessen is a word, though I might be wrong.

Seriously, why are there so many of these threads? They're like the favourite threads, there is a simple answer to all of them, Do what will make you happiest.

ArmaldoEX said:
Pfft. More 'don't care about what they say' or 'Pokemon is good for you' kinda posts. =p Seriously, all these posts are a joke, and I hope no offense is taken however. If you want to remember Pokemon, but quit it, keep those stuff that you remember. I quit TCG, yes, but I am still destined to keep my collection of Sceptile, Neo Genesis Feraligatr and many more, while hoping to sell the rest for extra cash, used for general expenses and to get an acoustic guitar. If you want to quit Pokemon, and you think it's not 'fun' anymore, you wouldn't be crying or make a thread about it.

Oh, and the 'Don't leave Pokemon forever' is rubbish. There will be a time where school/college, work and other stuff that comes into your life naturally will take you away from Pokemon. Think about the future and not the current about this topic. You will definitely reach a stage where you will stop Pokemon, unless you're a maniac or addict in a way.

No one understands that line, huh? :F FPM has said very good things there, much better than those 'Don't care about what the others say' kinda thing. :F Seriously, if you think Pokemon is lame, leave. You don't need any more explanation. If you think you like it, then why'd you make this thread in the first place? Honestly, the only people who make these threads, are people who are either unsure, or insecure. I'm definitely sure that you wanted other peoples' opinion - but the truth is, it doesn't affect anything at all. The decision is control by you and no one else.

^ Thank you. Someone understands.

No one is forcing oyu to like pokmeon. We can't judge weather you like it. If it makes you break down and cry when you are going to leave, don't leave, if you think Pokemon is Lame, leave.

If you need it simpler, do what will make you happiest in the long run.A few Nobody's going to laugh and tease you and stuff if you don't play it anymore, just keep what you want to keep and get rid of what you want to get rid of.

ArmaldoEX said:
Pfft. More 'don't care about what they say' or 'Pokemon is good for you' kinda posts. =p Seriously, all these posts are a joke, and I hope no offense is taken however. If you want to remember Pokemon, but quit it, keep those stuff that you remember. I quit TCG, yes, but I am still destined to keep my collection of Sceptile, Neo Genesis Feraligatr and many more, while hoping to sell the rest for extra cash, used for general expenses and to get an acoustic guitar. If you want to quit Pokemon, and you think it's not 'fun' anymore, you wouldn't be crying or make a thread about it.

Oh, and the 'Don't leave Pokemon forever' is rubbish. There will be a time where school/college, work and other stuff that comes into your life naturally will take you away from Pokemon. Think about the future and not the current about this topic. You will definitely reach a stage where you will stop Pokemon, unless you're a maniac or addict in a way.

agreed ArmaldoEX hes just blubbering and making a scene!(not to be mean but he is right)

No offense or anything but you are asking "if I should stick with pokemon" on a website made for POKEMON LOVERS.....sorta a dumb thing to do.

LOL! Too old? TOO OLD?! That's just plain old crazy talk. Listen to all the "Popular people" And, not trying to be inapprotpriate just making a point, you'll be doing drugs and/or involved with gangs fairly quick. You need to make your own choices, and not listen to people when they say Pokemon is for little kids. While it may be geared toward that age group, Pokemon is still enjoyable for all ages. No matter what, stick with Pokemon if it's one of your favorite things. I grew up for 10 years with Pokemon, and it's (getting a little corny, but) become sort of a part of who I am. BAsically, what i'm trying to say is, don't go asking other people what they think, make your own decision and decide if you want to keep playing or you think your losing intrest.

just do what you want.... I mean i would suggest to still play (of cource lol) but if you dont think its not fun anymore no one is stoping you. BUT at leat not sell youur Pokémon cards till later i will tell you why. 1. later they will be worth more 2. there just memories if you sell them now you will trash your memories.

I think what he means is price might go up for collectors.. Well no one prints base set blastoise anymore so of course it's value not as a deck card but as a valuable piece of paper will go up

I know, but those are the cards you can sell anyways, as you don't need them to "still be able to get back into the game".

I quit pokemon along as many others when yugi oh came out a 12 year old re introuduced me back into the games and cards. You can always come back look at how many people are on this site pokemon will be around for a long time .

Everybody used to like pokemon i dont know one person who wont say they had a charizard from base set or something like that. The game is even better now so why quit now take a break figure out your priorities and make a choice we are not going to decide for you :p

Ok i will stay on both dies of the fense on this one but still on it. So does that make me ing he fence? O well But you can not say you are too old for pokemon. I looked in ur profile and it said ur 11, I'm 16 and still play,. ive played sence RB came out. Played the origional TCG have the entire base set. I took a break from it and I am currently playign Magic the Gathering but kept all my old cards. I have in the games R, B, Y, S, G, S, R, Diamond, pinball. TCG (Gameboy), Snap and some others adn I would never sell any of them! I even just changed my ringtone on my phone to the pokemon theme song lol!

Now on the other side. Some people need to get on with their life, school, work, loved ones ALL come before ANY game. One thing I hate with a passion is peer pressure so do what you want to do in this case, not what others think (Then why am I typing this lol). Just know if you sell your cards you will never be able to return to pokemon and will be put away by anyother card game.

Ok so this is what I said in a nutshell, dont sell your cards, you'll regret it; but do not let pokemon take over your life, you'll regret that also; but do what you feel is right and you can always play everyonce in a while and embrase the fact that you do what you do.

I have delt with many of these before being a promenant player in Guildwars on Gameamp, but because you play games dosing make you a nurd or whatever, I play volleyball and soccer. So what I would like to say GL with whatever you go and I hoope it is the correct desision, even if it is against what I said.

*sighs* can we stop saying that there is an age for pokemon? Quite frankly, you should be able to play pokemon at any age.
Anyways... even if you decide not to continue with pokemon I would not sell all of your cards. I was a pokemon fan when it was really popular and I made a massive mistake in getting rid of my old cards when I went off pokemon. A few years later I decided that I actually missed pokemon a lot and I felt a total idiot for losing my collection. I would keep your collection even if it is only for the memories. If you have lots of swaps it doesn't really matter if you sell them but I would keep the rest.

Take this from a guy who doesn't have good memories from that card game (and quit); if you can no longer support the card game, don't play it. It's impossible to play the game with a small budget. If you're just looking for new things, don't give up for ever because you never know if you'll play it again.

Of course, if you battle with the DS/PBR/simulator, you can still play that. I mean, once you buy/ download the means for playing, all you need is time. No constant boxes of cards to keep up with some stupid tech in some archetype.

Bottom line, don't quit any of these things if you're not certain you won't come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back