Ruling Does Tangrowth work with Sceptile

greenbeetless

blissfire
Tangrowth Power whip:
choose 1 of your opponent's pokemon. THis attack does 10 damage for each basic energy card attached to tangrowth to that pokemon.

Sceptile Wild growth body:
each basic {G} energy card attached to your {G} pokemon provides {G}{G} energy instead. you can't use more than 1 wild growth poke-body.

the way i see it is that tangrowth doesn't get the extra 10 damage per energy attached.

greenbeetless said:
Tangrowth Power whip:
choose 1 of your opponent's pokemon. THis attack does 10 damage for each basic energy card attached to tangrowth to that pokemon.

Sceptile Wild growth body:
each basic {G} energy card attached to your {G} pokemon provides {G}{G} energy instead. you can't use more than 1 wild growth poke-body.

the way I see it is that tangrowth doesn't get the extra 10 damage per energy attached.

They gave this an errata when it came out.

Yes, it does work with Tangrowth's first attack, power whip.

Tangrowth received an errata to correct a misprint.

The attack should read "10 damage for each Energy from basic Energy cards attached to Tangrowth". Hence it does count Energy from Wild Growth.

If i were you i would not do that its a waste of space but it really a prefence option I feel it at another unneeded line to an all ready poke heavy deck

yeah but its deck testing, it never hurts to try something out. maybe just main deck tangrowth as lead attacker but that doesn't seem like much fun. i want something off beat, i don't know i think thats just how i am.

Back