• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Donphan / Trevenant

Azlock

Aspiring Trainer
Here's a deck that I plan on running this season. Bringing you the underlooked potential of Donphan and the frustrations of Trevenants item lock.

Q3u34nU.png

Pokemon:

• 4x Phanpy
    4x Donphan (Plasma Storm)
    3x Phantump
    3x Trevenant
    1x Dedenne
    1X Jirachi EX
    1X Keldeo EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Professor Sycamore
    3 N
    3 Korrina
    2 Colress
    1 Lysandre
    3 Float Stone
    3 Muscle Band
    2 Silver Bangle
    3 Ultra Ball
    2 Evosoda
    2 Sacred Ash
    2 Startling Megaphone
    1 Random Receiver
    2 Fighting Stadium
    1 Dowsing Machine
Energy:

• 4 Strong Energy
    5 Fighting Energy
Strategy:

• Your main strategy will be to have the Donphans & Trevenant's set up by turn 2, getting a float stone onto Trevenant and then using Donphans spinning turn for 40 (More hopefully with strong energy + muscle band/silver bangle + fighting stadium inclusions) to have the opponent go back into Trevenants item lock. Keldeo is there to ensure that if startling megaphone is played, no Pokemon can get stuck on the field & Dedenne is just there because its attacks are both cheap to run & amazing to use!

I dunno, I'm just not sure I'd want my supporter that turn to be used on something based strictly on luck, plus item lock handles that situation anyway in my honest opinion.

It's like playing lost zone Gengar, using the attack that lets you discard pokemon from their hand and getting nothing. You wasted a turn and I worry that'd happen in this situation too.

But it's not nearly as luck based as just playing Ghetsis in your standard deck because you can take advantage of Ghetsis and Item lock. Let me be clear, you would not be playing this to get rid of the Items in their hand, you would be playing it for decent draw. If you have them Item locked for the entire game, there are bound to be Items in there hand. Mismagius/Vileplume was a deck way back when, and it relied on your opponent having Item cards in your hand during Item lock. It's not like they can play them to get them out of their hand or discard them with Ultra Ball or Computer Search. As long as they have at least four, that's a solid straight draw four. I'm not saying play 4 Ghetsis or anything, just one or two would be something to consider.

It looks good, my only comment really is that you only want 1 Sacred Ash; you'll never really need 2. Consider throwing in a Mewtwo/Landorus/Seismitoad (EX) to just have a big wall in case you need it. That brings up the point of DCE; you may want to run 1-2 of them, just because they make for a good finisher. I like this list though, nice job.

I put together a donphan deck a little while ago. You may want to consider giving Donphan/Flygon/Dusknoir a try. Its pretty strong if everything goes according to plan.

Nice list. My list has a Lucario EX in there just in case I can't get my evolutions out ASAP. It's a nice beatstick and can rack up some quick damage plus some extra cards with Corkscrew Smash.

What are your thoughts against the Seismetoad matchup? It seems like the deck can give this deck a hard time. xD

Given that you've only incorporated F type energy, you plan to only attack with Donphan which will not typically 1HKO many "high" HP Poke. So, you may need to 2-3HKO certain opponent's Poke. Any concerns with completing a match within 50 minutes?

Any particular reason why you have not incorporated any P energy into your deck in order to attack with Trevenant?

I suggest the following for your consideration:

• -1 Korrina. With 4 PJs, 3 N, and 2 Colress, you already have have strong card draw support; and you'll have more Supporter "clashes" without incorporating some Item-based card draw (i.e., Bicycle). An alternative, would also be to keep the 3 Korrina and replace 1 PJ.
    -2 Silver Bangle. Muscle Bands will be sufficient, IMO.
    -1 Sacred Ash. 1 will be sufficient, IMO.

• +1 Pal Pad. To recover and recycle discarded Supporters.
    +3 Ht Lasers. To Poison and potentially inflict the Sleep condition onto the defending Poke.
I hope you find these comments helpful.

Shök said:
What are your thoughts against the Seismetoad matchup? It seems like the deck can give this deck a hard time. xD
Agreed. I had the Seismitoad deck (which I've been playing for several weeks now) matchup especially in mind when I made certain suggestions.

Back