DP remakes and pre-quel announced!

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Pokemon fans are the whiniest little sobbles I’ve ever had the pleasure of being in a community with. The new games look amazing! It’s honestly everything everyone has wanted. Gen 4 remakes? Check. Open world gen 4 remake that takes place in the Pokémon past? Check. Nintendo is obviously listening to fans and trying to pump out what we want. Some people don’t like the way Diamond and Pearl remakes animation looks. Chibi? Like Chibiusa from sailor moon? Anyways people argue they wish Pokemon games weren’t super realistic looking and we could go back to them looking like handheld games. Not everyone wants to play Skyrim with Pokémon. Some people enjoy the not so realistic looking people, because hey the world of Pokémon is not realistic. I am very excited for the new games and will be purchasing all three for my husband and I to play. Does anyone in the community still hear about a New Pokémon game and just get excited that a new Pokémon game is coming, instead of picking it apart?
I agree. These games are amazing and have something for everyone.
I just have ONE question.
Will Legends: Arceus have Mega Evolution? (Please add mega evolution!)
I was disappointed when I heard people say that Pokemon DP remakes probably wouldn't have SWSH or better graphics, but also hoping for a near-carbon copy of DP. Contradictory, I know. Which is why I'm so happy that I don't have to CHOOSE between the classic DP experience and standing atop a gloriously realistic Mount Coronet gazing over the expanse of Sinnoh.
Also really excited about Pokemon Snap.
P.S.
"Why does a Pokeball burn?"
"Because its made of wood!"

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Do you think one feature, the Poketch, will be in the remakes?

Or will the lack of a second screen on Switch, where the poketch was located on in the original DS version, mean it's history?

Without the poketch, I wonder if the number of steps taken can still be displayed, and if so, where on the screen it will be with no second screen this go-around?

And will they close the Veilstone Game Corner this go-around? Or will they Voltorb Flip it one more time?

The player characters are wearing them in the art that's been shown, and from the footage they've shown of Jubilife City there's one of the three clowns that the character has to talk to to receive a Poketch. I think the brief footage of Barry sending out Starly shows that he's got one on too. I'd say it's all but confirmed that the Poketch is in.

TheRealBro..

But let’s be honest here. Pokémon Snap? That looks fantastic. Best thing in the whole presentation and the more information on it just made me even more excited. Can’t wait for that at the very least!

Exactly. The new Snap will finally be a game to really look forward to in the Pokemon universe, because the graphics actually matter here and the streamlining is natural. No need for wandering space or getting lost.

Unfortunatelly that is not the case with the remakes of Diamond and Pearl. I really really want to like them but I already have seen the problem (the same as with all recent Pokemon games). Caves were a really important element of the adventure and they have all but decimated them. There´s not sense of space. No getting lost. This is especially a big problem with the gen 4 games as the caves were what made these games so vast and difficult.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Unfortunatelly that is not the case with the remakes of Diamond and Pearl. I really really want to like them but I already have seen the problem (the same as with all recent Pokemon games). Caves were a really important element of the adventure and they have all but decimated them. There´s not sense of space. No getting lost. This is especially a big problem with the gen 4 games as the caves were what made these games so vast and difficult.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm pretty sure that there were no caves shown during the trailer? I was under the impression that the cave-like area that was briefly shown was actually the Underground.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm pretty sure that there were no caves shown during the trailer? I was under the impression that the cave-like area that was briefly shown was actually the Underground.
It was either the Underground or the Oreburg City Mine. Most likely the Underground. Definitely not a cave.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
I interpreted it as a cave, but I hope you´re right.

I'm pretty sure no cave in the region has that sort of layout (although it's been a while since I last played through a Sinnoh game), and visually it's very similar to how the Underground looks. Considering the official site says "the sense of scale in the originals' towns and routes has been carefully preserved", I think it's unlikely that it's a drastically changed cave area rather than a newer Underground.

TheRealBro..

Considering the official site says "the sense of scale in the originals' towns and routes has been carefully preserved", I think it's unlikely that it's a drastically changed cave area rather than a newer Underground.

Unfortunately, I don´t agree here. Since the gen 6 games every cave has been disappointing compared to the ones that came before. It would not surprise me if they choose to go with scaled down caves; flash over substance.

That being said, you´re probably right that this footage isn´t proof of that.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Unfortunately, I don´t agree here. Since the gen 6 games every cave has been disappointing compared to the ones that came before. It would not surprise me if they choose to go with scaled down caves; flash over substance.

That being said, you´re probably right that this footage isn´t proof of that.

I understand your concern, but I think it's just really not something we can accurately talk about when we've seen such little footage of the game (which doesn't even include any cave areas). And since Mt. Coronet is such an important location in the story, I personally can't see that being scaled down.

Personally my biggest worry is that they're gonna ignore all the improvements Platinum made (although I'm really hoping that the Porygon-Z in the trailer is indicative that they're using the Platinum dex).

Toasty Poffin

Gengar is best Pokémon
I’m actually excited to play the DP remakes. I’m also really looking forward to what Legends will be like. I don’t have much of an opinion on it right now until we get more info on it.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
The box art for BDSP reminds me of the 3d models used for rares in the gen 4 TCG expansions! Almost certainly unintentional but it's a nice touch.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
I'm still holding my judgment but seeing the box art for BDSP is making me lose some hope for megas. Who knows though, maybe they will return and the legendaries just won't get their own.

Flash~ZT0

Aspiring Trainer
BDSP, Yeah I didn't really have high hopes for so seeing their typical pre-black friday release date is underwhelmingly expected.

What does upset me greatly is Legends Arceus. Considering how things looked muddy and laggy in the trailer, january is way too early to release it. When they said early 2022, I thought they would at least have some sense in releasing it in the spring around march or april. I know I'm gonna get bashed about how it's not final gameplay or how I should just enjoy it, but I have 2 things to point out.
1. Swsh did not improve their graphics at all since their trailer. The dumb tree is one thing, but their dirt paths look like mud, the wild area is full of bland colors, the render distance is bad, and the game is way too laggy. I love pokemon too much to see them falter like this. It's 2021. There are games that have more content and perform better. If even fortnite can have better graphics, less lag, and more models on the switch then pokemon can well surpass that. Ik it's a weird comparison, but that's the level I'm dragging GF and TPCi down to.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
The release date of Arceus is concerning. The first trailer looked more like a tech demo, so I want to see some solid gameplay.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
These are all going to be rushed trash, along with Gen 9 next year. There will never be another good Pokemon game.