Dragons Exalted discussion (problems, quality control, and other)

Mudkip-EX

NERD!
Tomorrow is August 15th, the date Dragons Exalted comes out. Which cards are you excited about? Which cards are you not excited about? Post you general opinion. I think the set will be amazing, but that's just me.

RE: Dragons Exalted is coming out tomorrow.

I'm excited about the 43 cards I don't already have! (as I am not a competitive battler) Especially the EX's, FA's, and SR's. :)

I'm just scared of Garbodor because I don't think I'm going to buy singles for a while.

I am pretty excited because it is the first set release that has occurred while I am playing the game!

I'm most excited for the good Garchomp, good Hydreigon, Altaria, Emolga, Sigilyph, Garbador, Mew-EX, Terrakion-EX and really any FA or SR card.

Target put out there packs a little early in my area so I already got a hold of a few packs, but yeah i'm mostly excited for Terrakion EX, Mew EX, All of the FA's, Garchomp, Garbodor, Blend Energy, Shiny Reuniclus, Ect.

OK so I did not see this thread before creating mine (deleted it). I can not wait to buy a box tomorrow! The last box I bought I pulled two Kyogre EX's in the first half and boy was I mad lol. Don't worry I pulled a Entei EX also and the second to last pack I pulled a FA Darkrai so it all paid off. I hope I can pull some of the Dragons to try out FluffyChomp. I am also super happy about PTCGO multiplayer coming back sometime this week (my guess is tomorrow). So I still have all of my Dark EXplorers, NEXt Destinies, and now I have quite a bit of Dragons EXhaulted code cards. I am only getting one box though and hope for the best!

I'm really hyped for Emolga, Garchomp, and Mew EX. Emolga replaces Smeargle as the favored starter in most things now, and it's just so cute looking. Garchomp makes for a really awesome deck, which I really like and anticipate being tier 1 for quite a while. Mew EX jut opens up so many play possibilties and rogues, it's nice to see something that promotes variety for a change.

I forgot about Blend Energies :O. Also, I like all of the Trainer - Item cards (minus Giant Cape) depending on the deck they are used in.

Can't forget Secret Rare Rayquaza. If I pull that I'd like to either sell it or trade it for something nice at one of the leagues nearby.

Cards Damaged Right Out of Pack

Hey guys,

I have been having some weird issues with cards I have been pulling from packs. I have 3 EXs that I have pulled myself and each of them has their own little flaw that was on it as soon as it was pulled from the pack. I have 1 Registeel EX FA that I pulled from a couple of packs and on it the front is fine and really nice, but on the back there are white spots that look like the ink didn't really stick to the card completely or if it was printed on and then set down with the back side facing down so that some of it pulled off when they picked it up or something. The card isn't damaged on the back at all and you can see the card is still crisp, but there are those white spots and I'm just weary of trading these as NM/M cards when I'm not sure if this is a normal thing or not.

Also, on a Registeel I pulled today from a pack I was checking it to see if there were any issues like my Regigigas and it looks like this one has a line all the way from the left side over to the right. It's not a bend, but you can see the line when you shine light on to it.

Another thing to note is: I bought these packs from different retailers in my area so I doubt it is something with a certain store or something.

What this thread boils down to is:

Is this a common thing that others are seeing or is this just some kind of crazy bad luck that I'm getting Ultra Rares that have issues?

RE: Cards Damaged Right Out of Pack

I started noticing similar issues back when BW was new. I don't think it's normal, TCPi's packaging department needs to be more careful! (or get new robots/machinery)

Some of the "plain" reverse holos I pulled had lines straight across the card, I am guessing from the machine that wheeled them. (if that makes sense lol)

Yeah that makes sense to me. It is a completely horizontal line across the card so it definitely seems like something is up with their machines.

I got a Rayquaza EX full art and it has all those weird white spots and like white lines like it looks like someone took a knife and just gently scraped the back of it but the front looks great on mine and it came out of the pack like that. I also saw some Giratina EX Full Arts with the same issue

Im excited for Garchomp,Garbodor,Mew EX,Rayquaza EX,Ho-oh EX,Registeel EX,Shiny Rayquaza,BIDOOF,Shiny Krookodile,Gyardos,Cubone,Magikarp,Hydreigon
Cards I hate: ALOMOMOLA

A lot on English cards don't really come Mint from packs. So when someone says "pack fresh", it in no way guarantees Mint condition because a high majority of English cards have minor nicks or edge wear. This is why people say Japanese cards are maid better (because they are :p). A high majority of Japanese cards come out of packs Gem Mint (if you open it with a normal amount of care), and stay that way with normal use.

As for the more extreme flaws with your Ultra Rares:

I'd like a picture/scan of the first because I don't think I've ever seen anything similar.
For the second one, lines are very common in holographs. It's been happening since Pokemon took over printing (well, PUSA). I think they are just factory slicing or something. This is usually ignored when considering condition because it's rather inevitable and doesn't change much. However, if your card is a PSA 10 and it has one of those lines, it's pretty much going to drop to a PSA 9 :/

I once witnessed someone open a pack and they pull 3 Reuniclus. One was reverse holo, one wasn't reverse holo, and the third was reverse holo, but the picture part was pealing off of the actual card. About half of the picture was ripped.

Unfortunately, a lot of cards have small errors like this even fresh out of the pack.

I've posted this story on another thread but I figured I'd repost here:

I'm a huge fan of opening Booster packs from my favorite out-of-print sets. I recently purchased a Legendary Collection Box to open with my girlfriend a few months ago. (This set is now complete! :D) Anyway, we managed to pull a Normal Holo Charizard and a RH Charizard from the same box which is quite lucky if you ask me. The Normal Holo Charizard has silver lining along the edges (it would get a PSA 9 at best), and the RH Charizard has a vertical line going down the entire front of the card (also a PSA 9 at best). A month after this, I bought some Expedition Booster packs. The first pack I opened has a Holofoil Charizard. This time, it had horizontal lines going across the foil. Exactly as Daelum already mentioned, pack-fresh cards are never guaranteed to be in Mint condition. For this reason, I am trying to focus more on PSA cards. :p

At my PR, several people pulled Murkrow where the picture was full of tiny white dots. mine wasn't so it's not just the picture.

Dweaver said:
Im excited for Garchomp,Garbodor,Mew EX,Rayquaza EX,Ho-oh EX,Registeel EX,Shiny Rayquaza,BIDOOF,Shiny Krookodile,Gyardos,Cubone,Magikarp,Hydreigon
Cards I hate: ALOMOMOLA

Hey this Alomomola isn't that bad! I just hate trying to say it's name lol... >:S

pkolaboy said:
Hey this Alomomola isn't that bad! I just hate trying to say it's name lol... >:S
ikr I hope It won me a game at the prerelease, but it always wants to make people cry when they pull an alomomola

Back