Discussion Drampa/Garbodor list, returning player

Latro

Spider Man
Hey guys!

I'm getting back into the Pokemon TCG, I played a lot a few years ago with Blastoise/Keldeo, and Darkrai/Sableye, so this current format is quite new to me.

I chose Drampa-GX / Garbodor to be my deck of choice because it seems the most fun. This is what I'm currently running, list wise. It seems to be pretty standard, and I seem to do decently with it, but I seem to get wrecked by Gardy pretty consistently. Any tips as to piloting this deck well in the current meta? (I have pretty much everything I could ever need on PTCGO, so making changes would be easy)

Thanks!!

-----------------------------------

##Pokémon - 16

* 3 Drampa-GX GRI 142
* 1 Espeon-EX BKP 52
* 1 Latios SLG 41
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 4 Trubbish BKP 56
* 2 Garbodor GRI 51
* 2 Garbodor BKP 57

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 1 Hala GRI 126
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 3 Po Town BUS 121
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 N NVI 92
* 4 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Float Stone BKT 137

##Energy - 12

* 3 Rainbow Energy SUM 137
* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 5 Psychic Energy 5

Total Cards - 60

Swapping out one of the Drampa for a Necrozma GX and the Latios for a Shining Mew can help immensely. With Necrozma GX and Espeon EX, you can do a 2 shot combo of using Necrozma's GX attack and then devolving your opponent's entire board to take out 2 or 3 of their Ralts/Kirlia immediately.

Your list is solid for the most part; no major "holes" at all. My personal preference is to run Tapu Koko (Flying Flip) vs. Latios since its attack targets all opponent's bench Pokémon. This Tapu Koko also has free retreat.

Last edited:
YuriGirl's suggestion of a Necrozma GX is a pretty good one, especially paired with the Espeon EX as mentioned. For me, I've been running a 1-1 line of Espeon GX with Energy Evolution Eevee which works out pretty well as a secondary attacker (especially with people in my local scene really loving fighting decks).

I also found that Hala wasn't great for me. You can aggressively use the Bigwheel GX early and hope your opponent doesn't have an N, but most of the times I wished Hala was just about any other card in the deck.

Back