draw engine HGSS-on

Depends on what deck you run. There is the obvious Ninetales for fire decks, or Shuckle for fire/water decks using Feraligatr or Emboar. Also Delibird and Mantine are decent options for water decks too. Cleffa works for any deck as a starter that can draw.

Otherwise, draw Supporters will most likely be mained in most decks, like Juniper/Engineers Adjustments or something similar.

I thought Noctowl HGSS was going to be good next format... you can draw an extra card per turn, which is OK, but we're going to just have to wait and see what becomes popular.

FlamingDriscoll09 said:
I thought Noctowl HGSS was going to be good next format... you can draw an extra card per turn, which is OK, but we're going to just have to wait and see what becomes popular.

1 card per turn doesn't justify running a whole another evolution line with such poor retreat, esp. considering the slowing down the game will encounter. Noctowl got really shafted with it's retreat, it should have had free retreat (it's a bird!).

Blue_Horizon said:
Depends on what deck you run. There is the obvious Ninetales for fire decks, or Shuckle for fire/water decks using Feraligatr or Emboar. Also Delibird and Mantine are decent options for water decks too. Cleffa works for any deck as a starter that can draw.

Otherwise, draw Supporters will most likely be mained in most decks, like Juniper/Engineers Adjustments or something similar.

Feraligatr only can attach energy cards to water pokemon with raindance. But I thing Ninetails is the best draw power card now. Mangezone will be good but he is a stage two. If pokemon does not make some new Pokemon with a reliable draw engine then fire will be to powerful.

F

^ Oh yeah, just realised that! Hopefully Red Collection has some more general draw support, that all decks can use.

I feel totally justified in gloating now that Fire is becoming top tier, since I spent practically all of last format perfecting Typhlosion decks. I've already got Reshiphlosion deck built for next format. Feels good, man.

Anyway, back on topic:

Here are all the draw cards that I can remember being in rotation and Viable

Proffessor Juniper
Team Rockets Trickery
Emcee's Chatter (kinda)
Engineer's Adjustments
Sage's Training
Slowking Prime
Delibird
Heracross
Noctowl
Ninetales
Magnezone Prime
Shuckle Promo
And possibly Victory Metal (what is the status on this thing's legality post-rotation, out of interest?)

Obviously Fire has a clear advantage of Ninetales and Shuckle (in Emboar), but theres still a fairly large pool of Drawpower for other decktypes. Any Electric deck can benefit from Magnezone Prime, due to its high Damage Output as well as its power, Most Grass decks can utilise Heracross, any Water Deck Delibird. Slowking Prime is a slightly less powerful Uxie Lv.X, but it is still a decent card in its own right, and can be paired with the more disruptive Slowking HS as well. Noctowl is Noctowl.

The Supporters, of course, are non-specific. You can use them for whatever.

Also of note here is Zoroark, which is an amazing tech card anyway thanks to Foul Play. Any deck with the space to run 2-3 Darkness/Rainbow energy can use him to speed up their deck.

dangerbay5 said:
does anyone know what you can use as a draw engine now that is reliable
There are no draw engines in the HS-on format unless you're running a fire deck.
The best thing you can do is play lots of supporters and consistency cards to help your deck function.

Blue_Horizon said:
FlamingDriscoll09 said:

1 card per turn doesn't justify running a whole another evolution line with such poor retreat, esp. considering the slowing down the game will encounter. Noctowl got really shafted with it's retreat, it should have had free retreat (it's a bird!).

It's retreat is only one, which in a HGSS format really isn't that bad.
I think Noctowl could have a place in some decks, It's not the best draw power in the world, but it's fairly easy to set up being a stage 1, and it doesn't take up your supporter for the turn, unlike Professor Juniper and Engineers Adjustments. But I think it's downside is that it can be "catchered" when that card gets released and it's just not as good when you compare to cards like Uxie LvX or Pokedex Handy910. Also, in terms of pure drawpower, the supporters I mentioned above easily outperform it.

Uxie lv.x only drew 1 extra card a turn. and had 1 retreat. with and OK attack. and same hp as noctowl.
yeah uxie gets a choice of 2 cards to take. but at same time that can be worse cause you might get the two best things at the top.

i put a 1-1 line of noctowl in most of my decks and have NO problems. (mostly cause i cant afford uxie lv.x)
although for now i prefer supreme victors dodrio. has free retreat 10 less hp. but its more reliable in decks which i use dodrio UD in.

daviduk2000 said:
yeah uxie gets a choice of 2 cards to take. but at same time that can be worse cause you might get the two best things at the top.
I fail to see how that's worse. You get the choice of two cards you need rather than just getting whatever's on top. Sure, you might have drawn the other card the next turn, but in almost all cases, Uxie's 'Power far outshines Noctowl's.

Not to mention Uxie Lv.X was FAR easier to splash into decks with Unown Q and Uxie being run in quite a lot of decks. Bad comparison of Pokemon in different Formats.

dmaster out.

slowking is definatly worse than noctowl.

your always going to get the worse of the top 2 cards. so drawing just 1 a turn is better

Yeah, with Slowking you will ALWAYS get the worse card and end up with possibly the card you need on the bottom.

dmaster said:
Not to mention Uxie Lv.X was FAR easier to splash into decks with Unown Q and Uxie being run in quite a lot of decks. Bad comparison of Pokemon in different Formats.

dmaster out.

... The thread is draw power for hgss on.

Uxie is going to get rotated. Therefore Uxie Lv. X is completely obsolete.

Cleffa is a hot engine. It can let you refresh your hand late game while you stall. It is also the best starter in this format. I recommend 4 cleffa in every deck except Donphan, because EQ would knock them out really fast.

Back