draw engine HGSS-on

GHJamesGH said:
Cleffa is a hot engine. It can let you refresh your hand late game while you stall. It is also the best starter in this format. I recommend 4 cleffa in every deck except Donphan, because EQ would knock them out really fast.
Nah man, I disagree. I don't think four Cleffa is necessary. Look at Chatot MD, people never played more than one of those and it was used to recover from bad hands. I think that's the way we should look at Cleffa so I'd recommend only playing one, maybe two for bad hand recovery and not a starter.

Though I definitely agree that it's a great card for this format. ;D

I wasn't suggesting to use it. >_> Obviously, I know this is HG/SS-on. I was proving a point on why Noctowl is/will always be inferior, compared to Uxie Lv.X.

dmaster out.

cleffa would be good but could be taken out way too easily to justify putting 4 in. I'd do 1 at most. I'm currently running a fire deck so I've got ninetails instead (way better) but my secondary lostgar deck has 1 cleffa...and even with 1, I can easily get to it when I need it. and if I really want to, I can get it by t2 and use the attack (I tested it 4 times and every time I had it up and ready to go twice on the first turn and twice on the second.) especially with the ability to use supporters first turn.

and obviously it's easy to get to late-game....10% of the time it'll be in your prize, but your deck shouldn't have to be relying on cleffa to survive...you could jut use it late game after getting a knock out or two.

Back