Ruling DRE question

MagneticStorm

Aspiring Trainer
If i have dre in my discard and i use Dragonite's (DS) PokePower / Metagross's (DX) PokePower , Can i grab Dre and Attach it accordingly

pretty sure i can

I don't think you can take it because double rainbow only provides every type of energies when is in play;)

Charizard is correct. DRE doesnt provide anything while in the discard pile, it's just a Special Energy card so it cannot be recovered by Dragonite.

However, when it IS in play, i.e. attached to say a Bayleef, you can move it using Venusaur ex's power. You also cannot attach it from your hand to a pokemon using Blastoise ex's power.

Then how about this..i attach dre to metagross and discard it by using its attack..so it doesn't reduce the damage right?:rolleyes:

I'll look into it soon. It's an interesting question though. I'll get back to you on it later today if i'm still online.

Char: It still decreases, I think.. *pulls out his TRR instruction book*

1. Figure out base damage
2. Figure out effects on attacking Pokemon (eg. DRE)
3. Apply weakness
4. Apply resistance
5. Apply trainers
6. Apply effects on the defending Pokemon
7. Put damage counters
8. Carry out effects that are not damage

but shouldn't it in the figuring out base damage step? You have to discard only you can figure out the damage. So after you figure out the damage, it is already discarded, so it will not bring effect to the reduction...Otherwise, if it is still on the pokemon, it is not considered as figure out, but planning.:shy: having headache to think about that *hit the head to the wall*:p

Yup, bass is right. I had to get a little help with it too, it was an interesting question which wasnt in the Compendium. Even though the DRE is discarded before the damage, it is still used as a part of the attack, therefore, there is still a -10.

Back