• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Dugtrio / Eeveelutions (For Cities)

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 17
  • 4 Diglett
  • 4 Dugtrio
  • 2 Eevee (AOR)
  • 2 Jolteon
  • 2 Mr Mime (Bench Barrier)
  • 2 Hawlucha (FUF)
  • 1 Shaymin-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Giovanni's Scheme
  • 3 Korrina
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Teammates
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 3 Focus Sash
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Eco-Arm
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Fighting Stadium
  • 1 Mountain Ring
Energy: 9
  • 4 Strong Energy
  • 5 Fighting Energy

Strategy:

A deck idea I thought I'd take to a local Cities (one of the few doing Standard in my area). The idea is quite simple - set up an army of Dugtrios with whichever Eeveelution can help you in the matchup, and start hitting for decent damage for 1 Energy, while forcing your opponent to 2HKO you with Focus Sash. Mr Mime prevents the recoil damage from Earthquake, without which the backlash would just be hitting all of my Benched Pokemon for damage and breaking my Focus Sashes.

Everything else is based on recycling and searching out my Dugtrios. Hawlucha is in here as a backup attacker, but I'm not so sure about him so can be replaced. Another odd decision may be Mountain Ring, but that's for if they start Hex Maniac'ing my Mr Mime.

Feedback would be appreciated!

Last edited:
have you thought about adding vaporeon? it also turns your stage 2's into water type, that way you can deal more damage against fire (for camerupt decks and houndoom deck)

greater draw support to maybe? more shauna and birch...

A deck idea I thought I'd take to a local Cities (one of the few doing Standard in my area).

Since you said it's for standard, wouldn't you have to take Mr. Mime out? It's from Plasma Freeze with left via this past rotation, and I don't recall it getting reprinted.

Since you said it's for standard, wouldn't you have to take Mr. Mime out? It's from Plasma Freeze with left via this past rotation, and I don't recall it getting reprinted.

Mr. Mime actually got a reprint in the recent set Break Through. (In a way) Though this time around Mr. Mime is a Fairy Type and has a different attack. Its ability remains the same and so does Its purpose. Link

have you thought about adding vaporeon? it also turns your stage 2's into water type, that way you can deal more damage against fire (for camerupt decks and houndoom deck)

greater draw support to maybe? more shauna and birch...

Vaporeon is tempting. I'm trying to tune the deck to what I might expect (Yveltal, Manectric, Night March) so vs Houndoom, Vaporeon would be a good choice.

I may also find room for a Shauna - I don't like Birch. It's just finding the space...

If you want room for room for 3 shauna I would take out 1 VS seeker (because if you get a VS seeker the first round it wont do you much good) and the eco arm (for you have 8 energies and on average that means 1 will be prized and that leaves a 7/54 chance multiplied by your supporters so you will get 1 energy (on average) in your first turn as long as you got a supporter) any ways... for the third one to take out I would do the Brigette because it only looks for basic pokemon and do you seriously need 6 on the bench? (if you intend to use both brigits) and even if your one Brigette is prized then you always have your draw system and ultra balls. and Brigette does the same thing as an ultra ball but uses up a supporter and is limited to only basics.

Mr. Mime actually got a reprint in the recent set Break Through. (In a way) Though this time around Mr. Mime is a Fairy Type and has a different attack. Its ability remains the same and so does Its purpose. Link

I completely forgot Mr. Mime got Fairy typing >.> Thank you for correcting me!

Also, I 100% agree with the addition of Vaporeon. From the Cities I've gone to, it was everywhere.

Edit: I'm an idiot, "it" was supposed to be Houndoom.

Last edited:
I don't intend to use 2 Brigettes, but it would be good to have 1 if I need it. Maybe I'll cut 1. I've cut a VS Seeker for a Shauna anyway, and a Flareon for Vaporeon.

Any thoughts on the backup attacker? I don't WANT to use Hawlucha particularly...maybe a promo Jirachi and something else?

I think Lucario might be a good idea. Just going to have to see if I can get a good price for one...

Nice list. Secondly, I counted 33 Trainers, not 34. :D - you have an extra card slot to fill. Another F energy, Eevee, card-draw supporter, or AZ to recover and reuse your Shaymin EX perhaps?

With a solid Ball engine consisting of 3 and 3 level and Ultra Balls, did youever consider replacing the 2 Bridgette with 2 Trainer's Mail for additiona; T1 setup speed?

Why both Sacred Ash and Super Rod vs. Sacred Ash and Energy Retrieval or just 2 Super Rod?

Ah you are correct, it is 33. I may put a Shauna in there then. And I do agree with you and the above poster about the Brigettes, I could cut them for Trainer's Mails. Might find a way to get a 3rd one in too...

I like Sacred Ash because sometimes I might need to shuffle in a lot of Dugtrios - they're pretty frail even with Focus Sash, and the point of the deck is to stream them over and over. Super Rod gives me the option to them shuffle either in. Though I guess Energy Retrieval + Sacred Ash would work too...

Hi Ms Hugo,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

-1 Flareon (cannot see the reason for it unless Grass is real common in your meta game)

-2 Brigette (Ball engine suffices)
-1 Skyla (Korrina is better in this deck)
-1 Super Rod (both Sacred ash and Super rod are a little redundant)
-1 open slot (since you are one card short anyway)

+2 Giovanni's Scheme (either draw or damage increase and Korrina decks tend to have lower hand sizes anyway)
+1 Korrina (she is one of the reasons [F] decks are good)

+1 Muscle Band (damage acceleration is always good and the deck lives off fast hard hitting attacks)
+1 Fighting Stadium (see above)

+1 Fighting Energy (eight energies in total is a little on the low side for me)

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

Made some changes. I might fit a Vaporeon in at some point if I'm concerned about Houndoom/Camerupt, but most people round here play more Bats than anything.

No longer going to Cities, but thanks to everyone that offered advice. I will be testing this deck in a couple of leagues' time.

Back