Dusknoir Variants

Blah

DBT
Use this thread for all discussion of Dusknoir variants. This includes strategies, playstyles, and techs. If the deck you want to discuss contains Dusknoir, it should be discussed here with no exceptions.

You may post decklists here, but only as a means of adding to the discussion. Don't post decklists here for advice.

All discussion not related to Dusknoir will be moved or deleted. All shallow or uninformed discussion will also be deleted by the mods.

This deck is pretty fun. The best variant is Landorus/Darkrai. Mewtwo is a good tech in Dusknoir. With some DCE mid-late game you just destroy everyone after spreading huge damage around the field. Something nice about Dusknoir is that you may get him like in T3 or 4 if you could spread early on. I have played Darkrai/Registeel/Dusknoir. T1 Registeel helps a lot. When running Drakrai/Dusknoir, Dark Claw helps tons. 130 damage on the field is huge with Dusknoir.

The Flygon variant is fun but tight on space. The Celebi EX/Flygon/Dusknoir can spread giant amount of damage but Celebi is too fragile and you have to wait for T3 to start with the damage. Here Landorus can help for an earlier spread or Emolga to get Dusknoir, Flygon and Celebi T3.

Greatest card in Dusknoir decks: Sigilyph EPO 42. For seven damage counters, you can OHKO an EX, with one counter, a Sigilpyh counter and with three, a Mewtwo.

Emopanda133 said:
Greatest card in Dusknoir decks: Sigilyph EPO 42. For seven damage counters, you can OHKO an EX, with one counter, a Sigilpyh counter and with three, a Mewtwo.

Except that it only has 90 hp and no protection unlike its Safeguard brother, which causes you to lose 2-3 energy attachments as this deck has no acceleration at the moment.

Dark Void said:
Emopanda133 said:

Except that it only has 90 hp and no protection unlike its Safeguard brother, which causes you to lose 2-3 energy attachments as this deck has no acceleration at the moment.

It's not weak to it's safe guard brother. Therefore, they need a PlusPower to OHKO you, granite, you need one as well, but if you have one damage counter out on their side and Dusknoir out, goodbye Safeguard. It's kind of like a Shaymin EX, you don't want to play him until you can do a ton of damage. If you run Eviolite, then Drakrai EX inst a problem, and Mewtwo EX can't just Bench/DCE OHKO. I run a Darkrai/Registeel/Dusknoir with two Sigilyph in them, and after T3, Sigilyph is your best attacker. The best part about him, is that you don't need 9 counters on an EX to KO ghim with Darkrai EX, just 7 which mean there's still 2 damage counters. There fore, you can hit a Keldeo EX, put a total of 80 damage on it, come in with Darkrai EX next turn, and bam, KO'd Keldeo EX. Triple Laser or Night spear 30 onto a Mewtwo EX, bring up Sigilyph, GG. He's very versatile and a huge power house, despite his low HP.

It might be a good card if running 1. You really can "bench Mewtwo, DCE, retreat Darkrai, OHKO". Mewtwo is really good once most of your opponent pokemons are weak. In Darkrai/Registeel/Dusknoir you already run DCE so I don't see any problem with doing so (I have tried out myself and it works a lot specially against B/K). To use sigilyph, you must have psychic and if you are running Darkrai, I don't see a reason to add another energy type to the deck.

Flygon2071 said:
It might be a good card if running 1. You really can "bench Mewtwo, DCE, retreat Darkrai, OHKO". Mewtwo is really good once most of your opponent pokemons are weak. In Darkrai/Registeel/Dusknoir you already run DCE so I don't see any problem with doing so (I have tried out myself and it works a lot specially against B/K). To use sigilyph, you must have psychic and if you are running Darkrai, I don't see a reason to add another energy type to the deck.

1. I mean Sigilyph EPO 42, so Psychic Energy are pointless.

2. I meant as in your opponent can't drop Mewtwo EX, attach DCE and OHKO my Sigilyph with an Eviolite attached.

1. Saw the wrong scan.
2. Yeah it is useful (sometimes they run energy switch).

I think Mewtwo is better because you only need 1 turn to set up and can get easy KO's after so much spread damage.

Flygon2071 said:
I think Mewtwo is better because you only need 1 turn to set up and can get easy KO's after so much spread damage.

If you run Energy Switch, Sigilyph can be set up in one turn. Just attach DCE, Energy Switch.

I don't like Mewtwo EX in here just because it turns into a powerhouse deck, meaning you need more damage on one pokemon to OHKO rather than spread so everything stays within OHKO range.

I use it more like a spread at the beginning and then finish with attacks that do the exact damage. What is the best of Dusknoir, is that you don't need Dusknoir immediately. If you can easily spread early, Dusknoir T4 won't hurt as much as other decks running stage 2.

I don't like having Dusknoir early, if I can do two Night Spears, I start getting Dusknoir and both Sigilyphs, with over 20 counters to play with you can OHKO anything with Darkrai EX or Sigilyph.

what about a variant with blastoise/raticate/dusknoir +rocky helmet
maybe raticate is very fragile, but it's useful if you play it right
you add the rocky helmet to dusknoir to be safe, if knocks out raticate, you move an amount of damages next turn , if knocks out dusknoir you take a price card or two, and decrease the next pokemon HP

ditto is a very useful card in this deck to set up again a pokemon in the next turn depending the situation

moesyslac said:
what about a variant with blastoise/raticate/dusknoir +rocky helmet
maybe raticate is very fragile, but it's useful if you play it right
you add the rocky helmet to dusknoir to be safe, if knocks out raticate, you move an amount of damages next turn , if knocks out dusknoir you take a price card or two, and decrease the next pokemon HP

ditto is a very useful card in this deck to set up again a pokemon in the next turn depending the situation
Because starting lone rattata is just asking for it. That and its to much to set up. Raticate is an awesome card, but I think its meant to be a fun deck

I've tried Empire and like it. Dusknoir can delay the KO until the last possible moment, giving you both draw and disruption from your N.

Darkrai/Dusk seems like a bit of a difficult deck to run since it does not have the draw power of Empire.

blargh257 said:
Darkrai/Dusk seems like a bit of a difficult deck to run since it does not have the draw power of Empire.

But, it has acceleration, and can free retreat Dusknoir.

blargh257 said:

Why do you think/feel it would be difficult? Throw in some energy switch, and you have a nice fun deck.

Back