Duskull from “Cosmic Eclipse” Banned from Expanded Format Thanks to Dusclops

If you're not convinced that this ban was warranted, here's a video showing a Duskull + Dusclops deck donking a player who starts with two Regidrago V in play. (220 HP each)

Bloodmoon Ursaluna ex can also do a disgusting amount of damage with Cursed Blasts if you're going second. Omega Barrage Bunnelby with Crisis Punch backed by Cursed Blasts is potentially even deadlier, but is also less consistent since you need three energy for Crisis Punch.

Last edited:
I can't imagine this was overpowered in expanded? I don't play expanded but I find it hard to believe that with almost every card there aren't more dangerous ''donk'' combinations.

They said themselves that you need a lot of cards to make this work, and if your opponent starts with a high HP Pokémon, this deck falls apart. I dunno, seems a bit unnecessary.
Yeah nah, with rescue stretcher you can loop it so often, then dedenne and crobat and pheramosa make the combo so strong. Going first you can drop the 50 about 4-6 times then attack with pheromosa gx to finish something off. The other advantage is early on your opponent should only have 2-4 pokemon out, and its expanded so less hp more turbo. Even going second you can utilize blood-moon Ursaluna to do even bigger damage after your opponent could potentially get a few more pokemon down. The deck is literally so broken.

for everyone saying “the format is heavily played in Japan” this announcement was made at Worlds when every other country is there too and guess what? The rest of the world could care less since we don’t have expanded tournaments anyway

for everyone saying “the format is heavily played in Japan” this announcement was made at Worlds when every other country is there too and guess what? The rest of the world could care less since we don’t have expanded tournaments anyway
I'm not at worlds so I am genuinely asking, this announcement happened at worlds? It didn't just happen to be announced while worlds was ongoing?

Last edited:
I'm not at worlds so I am genuinely asking, this announcement happened at worlds? It didn't just happen to be announced while worlds was ongoing?
“Amid all the Worlds news, TPCi and Creatures have announced that Duskull from 2019’s Cosmic Eclipse will be banned from the Expanded format starting September 27th. This is due to the release of Dusclops from Shrouded Fable, whose Ability makes it easy to donk your opponent.”

“Amid all the Worlds news, TPCi and Creatures have announced that Duskull from 2019’s Cosmic Eclipse will be banned from the Expanded format starting September 27th. This is due to the release of Dusclops from Shrouded Fable, whose Ability makes it easy to donk your opponent.”
"Amid all the Worlds news"

You were, at worlds and you saw this announcement there? You aren't just misinterpreting an article and expressing frustration at something that didn't happen?

Last edited:
Back