BW/BW2 Each Generation Feel

Lambcabobs

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone. Have you ever noticed the certain feel when you see a generation as a whole? They all just look like they go together perfectly. It's probably because they are all made by the same artist. (Each pokemon in a gen) but Generation 1 has a very different feel, and then the second has sort of a 2.0 kinda feel. more colors and rounder shapes in a way, then 3 is kinda like bad in time ish. they look older. And then generation 4 has all the BRIGHT in your face colors like a stain glass window. Of course these new ones for Generation five have kinda of a dark quality as a whole and look the best as a whole so far. This is REALLY hard to explain and might not make any sense to you.... but yeah :D

Lambcabobs said:
Hello everyone. Have you ever noticed the certain feel when you see a generation as a whole? They all just look like they go together perfectly. It's probably because they are all made by the same artist. (Each pokemon in a gen) but Generation 1 has a very different feel, and then the second has sort of a 2.0 kinda feel. more colors and rounder shapes in a way, then 3 is kinda like bad in time ish. they look older. And then generation 4 has all the BRIGHT in your face colors like a stain glass window. Of course these new ones for Generation five have kinda of a dark quality as a whole and look the best as a whole so far. This is REALLY hard to explain and might not make any sense to you.... but yeah :D

Yeah, I think I get what you're saying. As if every generation "feels" differently, and the Pokemon seem like they would go together, because they have, almost the same style, if you catch my drift.

The first and second generations have the same feel for me, while the latest three seem to fit together.

I know exactly what you mean. Gen 1 and 2 blend together to me, however, I disagree with this...

Lambcabobs said:
And then generation 4 has all the BRIGHT in your face colors like a stain glass window.

To me, Gen3 is the "bright colors" gen. Personally, there were too many dark colors (especially blues/purples) in the Gen 4 lineup.

I would have to say that most of the entertainment came straight from gen 3 more rather so than gen 4.Gen four felt more like a rehashing of gen 2.To many pre-evo and evo of johto poke'mon

Although I can see the diffences between the gens, I keep thinking maril is a gen 1 pokemon....
Even with the 30+ pokemon in gen V, they're instantly recognizable as gen V pokemon.... :D
How weird.

I was stunned when I learned that houndour was not a Generation 3 Pokemon, and vice versa with Poochyena. Also, Wynaut and Azurill I figured were Generation 2.

Each generation is basically made by a different group of artists, which means each generation's Pokemon will have a different look and feel because they aren't created by the same people. That way there removes the possibility of repeating designs and such.

i get a sorta classic vibe from gen 1 although gen 2 feels older somehow i really like the style of gen 3 and now gen 5 pokemon are all more detailed

Gen 1 has a reliable feel, 2 has an interesting, exploring feel, 3 feels confused, 4 feels revived, 5 feels worn out.

~SS

Yes, I do know what you mean. Constancy throughout a generation is one of the things that has made Pokemon so successful in the past. Each generation makes you feel a certain way when you pick it up to play. Many other gaming franchises haven't had the popularity Pokemon has because they lack consistency in their games, each new game they come out with has random areas, levels, etc.
Generation 5 looks like its going to have quite a nice feel to it, no? :D

Pvt.Politoed said:
Generation 5 looks like its going to have quite a nice feel to it, no? :D
For me, generation 5 looks okay. I don't like the direction they're going with Pokémon, but it's acceptable.

Zalman said:
For me, generation 5 looks okay. I don't like the direction they're going with Pokémon, but it's acceptable.

I do know what you mean. Its a little off. The new swan and deer look a little like... dare I say it... Disney Characters *church bells of doom*

But hey, the region's graphics and land looks nice, so maybe that'll make up for it.

Shimama-man said:
Although I can see the diffences between the gens, I keep thinking maril is a gen 1 pokemon....
Even with the 30+ pokemon in gen V, they're instantly recognizable as gen V pokemon.... :D
How weird.

Wow, I never thought about that, but I know what you mean. Like, I never considerd the Nidos to look like they belong to any other region. Or any other Pokemon, for that matter...

Ah, I know what you mean! To me, Kanto felt rugged, like being in the wild, kind of like camping (which I like.)
Johto to me seemed like a bit cooler (temperature wise), more foresty, natural.
Hoenn was more like desert, warmer than Johto. Things seemed more "red" in Hoenn.
I disliked Sinnoh because it was too clean. The entire game felt clean to me, almost sterile. As if I'd just taken a shower and decided to go catch pokemon.
Isshu is my favorite so far - it feels like the slightly grimy feel of a big city, from what I've seen. It's.. sharper, more raw, rough. And I like it :>

Also while not really MAIN canon, I love Orre too. It's desert, but there are a lot of grungy cities in it. ALSO EVERYONE LOVES THE ORRE ELEVATORS

ReaperRayneShad said:
Ah, I know what you mean! To me, Kanto felt rugged, like being in the wild, kind of like camping (which I like.)
Johto to me seemed like a bit cooler (temperature wise), more foresty, natural.
Hoenn was more like desert, warmer than Johto. Things seemed more "red" in Hoenn.
I disliked Sinnoh because it was too clean. The entire game felt clean to me, almost sterile. As if I'd just taken a shower and decided to go catch pokemon.
Isshu is my favorite so far - it feels like the slightly grimy feel of a big city, from what I've seen. It's.. sharper, more raw, rough. And I like it :>

Also while not really MAIN canon, I love Orre too. It's desert, but there are a lot of grungy cities in it. ALSO EVERYONE LOVES THE ORRE ELEVATORS

Best opinion I've heard so far. Yes, the grass felt like it'd been windexed in Sinnoh.

Back