Eevee ex from “Terastal Festival” Revealed!

No hate but I genuinely think this set will suck. In terms of art work etc. everyone is hyping cos it's the Eevee set but I really hope I'm wrong. The Elsa crown just doesn't do it for me looks cheap and cartooney

No hate but I genuinely think this set will suck. In terms of art work etc. everyone is hyping cos it's the Eevee set but I really hope I'm wrong. The Elsa crown just doesn't do it for me looks cheap and cartooney
So, you think the set will suck because you don't like Tera?

Wait. It is quite probable that the new Eeveevolutions ex will have abilities or attack effects that will only work if it has evolved from Eevee ex. Otherwise why would you play a basic 2-prizer just to evolve it when there are non-ex Eevees?

Other possibility is having more than 4 Eevee with the ex and a normal one, so you can have more Eeveevolutions in play.
So your Eevee doesn't get bench sniped

Wait. It is quite probable that the new Eeveevolutions ex will have abilities or attack effects that will only work if it has evolved from Eevee ex. Otherwise why would you play a basic 2-prizer just to evolve it when there are non-ex Eevees?

Other possibility is having more than 4 Eevee with the ex and a normal one, so you can have more Eeveevolutions in play.
1729443336587.png

I'm kinda disappointed that they're all Stellar Tera cards, imo it would've been better to let them all (except maybe Eevee) have a regular Tera type different from their usual type.
I really hope we'll still get Tera cards with Rock, Poison and Flying Tera Jewels at some point, but the chances of that are getting very slim, especially if Tera cards are getting retired once Owner's ex cards show up.
There is a possibility it may happen, although it is low.

Every special set introduces or reuses something "special".

VMAX Climax brought back Character Rares.

VSTAR Universe brought in trainer SARs, all the Shiny sets had baby shinies with the latest (Shiny Treasure) adding Shiny ARs and SARs to the mix.

Hopefully there is something cool they create or introduce for this set and different hats sounds like a valid possibility.

The eevee from surging sparks is better than this one, it can immediately evolve and it can still evolve normally even when ability locked, meanwhile if this is the only eevee you're running and you see iron thorns ex you're sol, might as well scoop and go home.

I think it could be very cool if we got some of the eeveelution SIRs as promos in the ex boxes, kinda like in evolving skies, so it's easier to get all of them
That would be incredible! I bought 22 of those collection boxes, gave 6 as gifts, opened 10, and kept 6 sealed. Easily the coolest promo set they've released in years. Even the boxes we got were designed so incredibly well.

Logged in after a decade just to tell you you’re all being silly. This is definitely setting up a reason to want to play all 8 Eeveelutions at once. Some sort of ‘Do the Wave’ attack for Eeveelutions or a Regigigas style power. With 4 eevee ex and 4 eevee, you can have 8 in play

I'm honestly baffled by the ability, just sounds pointless to restrict the ex from evolving like this when you have ability blockers in format. Maybe if it had more than 200HP then you could argue it could be a tank option for setup but there's too many in format that can easily hit that on turn 1.

Probably just better off running buddy poffin and <70 HP eevees

Edit: forgot about the new eevee in surging spark, that evolves right when you put it into play. Just use that and glass trumpet
Yeah, I'm wondering if I'm misunderstanding this, how is the ability any different from a standard evo? Is it just there as a ruling thing due to the EX in its name?

So now you can play up to 8 Eevee in an eeveelutions deck. Split evolutions have always had this problem of not having enough of the base to justify running 2 different tops of the evolution line.

Back