• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

El Psy Congroo (Rotom/Trevenant/Emolga/Friends)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
Special Thanks to [mod]Kecleon-X[/mod]​
Experience: Intermediate
Hand Scope is a Troll Card
trevenant.gif
emolga.gif
rotom.gif
eelektross.gif
Pokémon

Trainers
  • 4 N
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 3 Skyla
  • 2 Colress
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Heavy Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Silver Bangle
  • 1 Hand Scope
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Dowsing Machine

Energy
  • 10 Lightning

Strategy
Hand Scope
Look at your opponent's hand.
---
You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).
Now, this little card. With it, this whole deck becomes funner. I showed this card to [mod]Kecleon-X[/mod] and he liked the idea of it with Emolga-EX, Trevenant and Rotom to have a little fun. We developed on the idea by adding in a 3-1-3 Eelektross line, to use Crush and Burn after Rotom is knocked out. The general strategy of the deck is as follows;
  • Start with either Rotom or Emolga-EX.
  • Use Electribonus/Energy Glide to Draw Cards/Attach Energy while setting up a Trevenant and an Eelektross, hopefully.
  • Then, repeat until you have a Trevenant out.
  • Attach a Float Stone to said Trevenant, and continue to Energy Glide, Locking them out of Items.
  • By this point, you should have enough Energy on the board to start using Poltergeist.
  • If you really need the KO, you can use Hand Scope to check their hand for items, and then N them if they don't have many.
  • You have Dowsing Machine to get Hand Scope back.
  • When Rotom is Knocked Out, send up and Eelektross.
  • Use Crush and Burn, while having a Silver Bangle attached, to do massive Damage.
  • When you are close to running out of Energy, you can use Kingdra's Dragon Vortex to do lots of Damage while recovering your Energy.
  • You also have Super Rod to recover Energy.
  • Mr. Mime is used to protect the Pokémon you're setting up.
The deck's primary focus, of course, is to have fun!
Any suggestions are welcome.

RE: Hand Scope is a Troll Card (Rotom/Trevenant/Emolga/Friends)

Amazing Deck idea, amazing build; I just love it! The only thing I'd probably change is the Heavy Balls for Evosoda and maybe a Colress for a Shauna. Gotta go try it out in PlayTCG, with your permission, of course. :D

Sure!
A Colress for a Shauna might work, but you're more likely to plus more off a Colress than a Shauna :D
Kecleon made the I/S/S Lineup, but I feel like Heavy Ball is slightly better, as it searches the target for Evosoda (Trevenant) anyway :p

I like Heavy Ball over Evosoda in this case because Evosoda:

A). Doesn't put the Pokemon into your hand so you can discard, as per thinning your deck.
B). Because you can't play Evosoda first turn, and with Heavy Ball you can.
C). Becomes obsolete because Heavy Ball can search for basics. Basically, it's a thing you should use only if you run Pokemon that don't fit Level Ball or Heavy Ball.

That's my opinion on the matter. Plus, with the Eelektross, you can Level Ball for the Eelectrik instead of using Evosoda. I'm not saying that Evosoda isn't good in a deck that supports it, like a deck that runs a 100+ HP Pokemon with 2- retreat, I'm just saying that it's not as good in this deck as other cards. Thanks for the input, and I will consider the Shauna! :)

My reasoning for the Colress was because you are kind of filling your bench with Phantump, Emolga, Eels, Rotom and of course a Mime, so I would assume that it would grow to be much larger amount than Shauna later on in the game, and around the same amount earlier.

Scorched Feathers said:
Sure!
A Colress for a Shauna might work, but you're more likely to plus more off a Colress than a Shauna :D
Kecleon made the I/S/S Lineup, but I feel like Heavy Ball is slightly better, as it searches the target for Evosoda (Trevenant) anyway :p

About Evosoda, a 1/1 might work. And of course you can get up to double the cards with Colress, but Shauna is welcome in the opening hand, whereas Colress not so much. That's why I said only 1. :p

just wondering, if Hand Scope is part of the strategy why not run more?

Because if we ran more, it would become hand clutter, and we wouldn't be getting what we needed as quickly.

We can also recover it with Dowsing Machine, if we use it!

all i suggest is, more hand scope or rename the deck really. But if you run hand scope why not run Ghetsis with that? So you can hand scope them and if they have a lot of items, you can then play a ghetsis.

I changed the title to something more fitting :3
On the topic of Ghetsis, it's because you want to abuse Rotom in the deck, as well as space issues. We originally had one in the list, but took it out.

Picture or link to pic of Hand Scope? Where does it come from? Where can I get it?

Yup. It's there primarily to check if you can KO with Rotom, so you can sacrifice it. You could also replace it with Energy Retrieval, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back