Ruling Electrode - SW

green_monkey

Monkey Pokémon Maniac
Electrodes Poke-Power Reads:

Energy Shift - Once during your turn, if Electrode would be Knocked Out by damage from an attack, you may use this power. Electrode isn't discarded. Instead, attach it as an Energy card to 1 of your Pokemon. While attached, this card is a Special Energy card and provides every type of Energy but provides only 1 Energy at a time. (Has no effect other than providing Energy.) (Poke-POWER)

Does this mean if Electrode is about to be knocked-out I can make it into and energy and place it on my pokemon without my opponent receiving a prize ? And, if so, can I also use the effect when I KO myself with Electrodes attack which reads:

Ion Blast (40+) You may do 40 damage plus 60 more damage. If you do, Electrode does 100 damage to itself.

IF ALL OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE CARD IN THE ENTIRE WORLD !!!

No, you cannot make him into an energy without your opponent taking a prize. Electrode has to be KO'd for it to happen.

If your opponent KOs Electrode, or if you KO it, your opponent still takes a prize. It checks for being KOed, the KO goes through, but instead of discarding Electrode, it becomes an energy.

Kronar said:
If your opponent KOs Electrode, or if you KO it, your opponent still takes a prize. It checks for being KOed, the KO goes through, but instead of discarding Electrode, it becomes an energy.

the power only works if you yourself ko electrode since the power says once during your turn...

Lyte said:
Kronar said:

the power only works if you yourself ko electrode since the power says once during your turn...

No, it was changed. *Finds it*

The Compendium said:
Energy Shift (Electrode - DP:Secret Wonders)
* Electrode is receiving errata for the card to reflect that its Poké-Power can trigger when any attack Knocks Out Electrode, not just during its owner's turn. "If Electrode would be Knocked Out by damage from an attack, you may use this power. Electrode isn’t discarded. Instead, attach it as an Energy card to 1 of your Pokémon. While attached, this card is a Special Energy card and provides every type of Energy but provides only 1 Energy at a time. (Has no effect other than providing Energy.)" (Dec 6, 2007 PUI Rules Team; Jan 29, 2008 Pokemon Organized Play News)

There, it was errata'd to include any attack.

Back