• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Empoleon/Excadrill/Aerodactyl

Lost Cyclone

Locked'
Hey just a new idea I came up with to test when DE comes out, tell me what you think :)

Pokemon:16
4-2-4 Empoleon DE
3 Terrakion
2 Aerodactyl DE
1 Cleffa

T/S/S: 32
4 PONT
3 Catcher
4 Pokemon Communication
3 Prof Juniper
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Switch
4 Junk Arm
3 Rare Candy
2 N
2 Twist Mountain
1 Super Rod

Energy:12
6 Fighting
6 Water

Scans: Empoleon – Water – HP140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Prinplup

Ability: Diving Draw
Choose 1 card from your hand and discard it. Then, draw 2 cards from your deck. You can use this ability 1 time during your turn.

[W] Attack Command: Does 10 damage times the total number of Pokemon in play.

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Aerodactyl – Fighting – HP90
Revived Pokemon – Play Aerodactyl on your Bench with the effect of Old Amber

Ability: Primal Scream
As long as this Pokemon is in play, your Pokemon’s attacks do an additional 10 damage to any Active Pokemon.

[C][C][C] Wing Attack: 40 damage.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Twist Mountain – Stadium

Each player may flip a coin once during his or her turn. If heads, he or she choose 1 Revived Pokemon card from his or her hand and plays it onto his or her Bench.

You can only bring 1 Stadium card into play during your turn. If a Stadium with a different name comes into play, discard this card.

Strategy: Use Empoleon as draw power as well as an attacker doing maximum damage, Terrakion as a counter, and aerodactyl to add damage to anyone's attacks. Feedback please :)

Nobody really covers weakness. It is all counters. Terrakion would be a much better play than Excadrill because it is easier to get out and better overall. Because of Zekeels, I think the Empoleon line should be 4-2-4.

I agree ^
Take out the 3-3 Excadrill and add three Terrakion to help with the Zekeel match up. Then with two of the spots make your Empoleon line a 4-2-4. It will help with consistency and he is your main attacker after all. The remaining one spot add a third candy. Since you up'd your empoleon line, you must up your candy count. Drop a catcher for a 4th junk arm. You should always run 4 junk arms over 4 catchers.

What's the point of Aerodactyl? I can't think of a situation in which you can honestly count on needing it. Take him out, and if you need it, throw in plus powers.

I can not see this as being that competitive, but looks fun. Try it out at battle roads since there is nthing at stake.

-2 prinplup in a basic defined format you do not have any time with stage 1s
-1 cleffa You need to be attacking fast
-1 Pokemon Communication
-1 water

+ 2 mewtwo ex
+ 2 DCE
+ 1 Tyrogue

I think PONT can be decreased by 1. You already have Cleffa. You can replace it with another Collector. Hope this helped!:D

^prinplup is needed IMO since you don't have the aid of rare candy sometimes so you can set it up that way.

Why add in another Prinplup? It just slows down the deck and 3 Rare Candy is more than enough. He already has the draw power.

actually I was posting in response to cf11. He said to
-2 prinplup
so I said that it wasn't really the best idea to since he would be getting rid of all his prinplups.

Back