Ruling energy questions

Moptimus667

Aspiring Trainer
i have infernape x out and say i have (for example) holon electrode and some random non-fire energy. i swing. electode is being used as the 2 fire energys. do i discard electrode after the attack? it says discard fire energy but not fire energy used.....i think its a play on words and i shouldnt have to discard.

also, if i have tyranotar build up with special dark energys, swing to hit everyone for 30, do i hit their active pokemon for 30 plus the amount of extra from the special dark? i know the rest only take 30, but i think i hit the active for more.

also. weavile SW. can i go and grab special dark with his attack? it doesnt say basic, thats hy im asking.

1. Infernape X - I assume you mean Infernape "4" Lv. X. In which case you may discard any (regardless of type) two energy attached to it at the time you attack. Since it does not say energy "cards" you may discard one energy card that provides more than one energy at a time.

2. Tyranitar - If you read the text of the card it states it only increases damage done to the active pokemon. The bench does not suffer from the increase. So four special dark would result in 70 to the active and 30 to each of the benched pokemon.

3. Weavile SW - Yes, you may get special dark with the attack as it does not specify which kind of dark you get.

Back