Energy Switch and Super Scoop Up

THIRD

Chaotic Neutral
Both trainer's effect can be very useful at many situations.

Super Scoop Up
Sure, it's flippy but the effect's very great and has potential to save both your prize and night maintenance for later.

Energy Switch
Move your energy from your pokemon that don't need it anymore to charge your other attacker faster.

Yet no one used both of them.Why?

Because there's no thread about them, I really want your opinion about their usability. Thank you :D

I use SSU, but not energy switch.
The main I don't use is because I play Kingdra, so you can't have any questions on why I don't play it. Well, sure you can ask, but I hope you realize why.

I don't use SSU because I don't have the space for it- my current decks are full to the brim, and SSU wouldn't be worth the space.

I don't use Energy Switch because I can attach my energy properly in the first place. Also because I run Magnezone. :/

I use SSU a lot actually i usually run 4 because im used to running them with EX cards lol wow no one has talked about EX cards at all have they lol??

yeah but i miss the old cards. but SSU works really well also especially in a deck with kingdra deck ( just an example ) lets say your kingdra has ten hp left, and it evolved from seadra that evolved from a horsea. you SSU work you have a rc in your hand also evolve horsea back into Kingdra skiping Seadra and BOOm also if done to your active pokemon then you also get a free switch

After some other read in pokebeach, I found it can be good too for some tech that people use such as spiritomb and azelf (both have their effect activated when they are put on bench).Does people still using dusknoir now, it looks like SSU can good too to counter him.

Dusknoir's around, no doubt.

In fact, he's most likely going to stay after the release of Stormfront, which is releasing a Dusknoir Lv.X that is so close to brokeness.

Eh, with kingdra, rather night pokemon center. :/ SSU is amazing in certain decks. Energy switch has been used in a few decks, but mostly ones that use a pokemon as a surprise factor but take 2-3 energy to attack with it.

Doesn't Night Pokemon Center requires two flips? I might check that, actually...it would be fun to win BR's with that card decked :p
Also, Energy Switch has some niches. How about LuxVire? Skittles? Stuff like that can effectively use it.
Super Scoop Up is handy for decks that require little energy. I found it works wonders in my YanZong, and its also a cute Beedrill trick.

I absolutely love Energy Switch. It works well in a few rouge decks I've made (such as Gardevoir PK-Gyradoes MT), but it is also a good alternative to energy patch in AMU.

SSU is used a lot in stall decks. It was actually used a lot back when Salamence EX (PK) was in format, since it already had herendous amounts of HP, resistance to one of the most common types (near the end of the format) and high attack. What? Five turns have gone by and my Salamence is about to die? Sorry, SSU.

Both cards are fun, but they aren't used as much as they could be.

LC: Night Pokemon Center does require two flips. If both are heads then damage's gone. If both are tails, then all your energies are gone.

Wait a minute, you might be on to something...

33 percent chance of Night Pokemon Center is really bad compared to 50 percent chance of super scoop up.
The only stall pokemon that fit SSU theme in my mind is Rypherior but never meet anyone who use that deck.

33%? What? 25% chance it heals all damage and 25% chance it discards all the energy (fine in kingdra). SSU slows kingdra down, and if it was candied, has wasted one. I played rhyerior back when briney was released, and it will be popular again (with dialgia). Gliscor absuses ssu like theres no tommorow.

I think he mistakened it like this:
33% - double heads (Really its 25%)
33% - head/tail (Really its 50%)
33% - double tails (Really its 25%)
I dunno.

Kingdra might benefit more from this card alright.

SSu is useful in deck that only have low energy cost in kingdra IT works greatly.
Kingdra is almost knocked out, oh no 10 hp left, yourhand contains 2 ssu and a rc,
( but make sure you have something to replace it with on the bench like another kingdra )
you have about a 75% chance to SSU up kingdra then RC it for full health, but play this carefully, cause if your playing a damage spread deck keep it in your hand until you need it, I say you should carry some switch cards and or Warp points to make this combo great,warp point your opponets active pokemon with damage on it to the bench and you have a fresh kingdra waiting to kill. by doing this you could easily take out two pokemon.
( warp point especially if you can kill you opponets switched out pokemon for 20 sniped )
It just depends on how you think about it

I'd probably play the kingdra right after SSU, so they can't TGW it away (since they know its in my hand).

Back