Energy Switch and Super Scoop Up

SSU on Spiritomb? No, absolutely not. I consider that to be a waste. Jason ran Jolteon*/Lake Boundary to OHKO Gallade. Does he SSU it to do it again? No.

Hmmm...true...I would much rather use it on something that's about to die and could come back in a flash...I'll edit my post.

Yeah energy switch is very useless now.
I mean all of the archtypes decks have no use for it,
Magenvire rotates energies itself,
Kingdra needs one energy to attack,
But i guess energy switch may work in IDK what deck if you can name one please post about it lol

Abaxter seems to have a few ideas (though I really don't get it). If you want to know its uses, that's the person to ask.

Energy Switch is a very underated card, and I'll name a few decks that it can work wonders in.

In AMU, I use ES over Energy Patch because of consistancy. By the time you have a supreme blast set up, you will most likely have at least one energy in play. You have now just used Supreme Blast, leaving you with no energies. With energy patch, all you had to do was flip heads to do it again. With energy swtich, all you need is another energy in play to be able to do it again. That is why it works in that capacity.

I made a rogue deck once called GardeDos. It is a combonation of Gardevoir PK and Gyarados MT. The strat was to pile damage on Gyarados, and then Energy Switch the energies onto Gardevoir so that Gardevoir gets the extra energy, and Gyarados gets the damage. Though now that the PK Gardy is rotated and if I were to ever use this deck again I could just tech the DS Gardy for the same effect only continous, ES worked well while Gardy PK was in format.

Any card with an effect "discard two energies" works well with Energy Switch. Both Houndooms, Salamence, and Blaziken are examples. Mesperit Lv.X is another. I like Energy Switch because it gave me the flexibility to move my energies around.

True, ES probably would not be the best choice for Magnvire or Kingdra, but there are other decks that do work well.

Back