English Applin and Dipplin Revealed from “Twilight Masquerade!”

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The English versions of Applin and Dipplin have been revealed from Twilight Masquerade!

Applin-215x300.jpeg

Dipplin-215x300.jpeg

Dippin was just revealed last night from Mask of Change. Applin originates from Crimson Haze:

Applin-214x300.png

Another Applin was also revealed from Mask of Change last night that should be in our English set:
Applin – Grass – HP40...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Kinda funny how TPC is revealing almost nothing about Mask of Change compared to previous sets but TPCi is revealing a lot about Twilight Masquerade compared to previous sets.

Looking at the lineup of revealed cards for this set, it really hit me that this set is going to be another hyper-competitive one. Am a big fan of how universally impactful these past few sets have felt since Paradox Rift

Also, the text confirms Festival Lead does not work with TMs.
This is wrong. The ability is the same as Jumpluff EVS; the wording surrounding what a Pokemon's attacks are was changed to more accurately convey that attacks given by TMs still count as "this Pokemon's attacks". The meaning didn't change, it just got clearer. This is also the same reasoning behind the updated "switch out" and "switch in" wording to more accurately convey what the target is of an action.

This is wrong. The ability is the same as Jumpluff EVS; the wording surrounding what a Pokemon's attacks are was changed to more accurately convey that attacks given by TMs still count as "this Pokemon's attacks". The meaning didn't change, it just got clearer. This is also the same reasoning behind the updated "switch out" and "switch in" wording to more accurately convey what the target is of an action.
we'll know in a few weeks :)

I actually doubt this is the case since the Japanese text for Festival Lead is also different than it was for Jumpluff/ LOR Cramorant. It also adds the clause that Dipplin specifically must own the attack, which sounds to me like one printed on the card itself. As far as I'm aware the Japanese text for effects like this was already clear. I also doubt it because if this is supposed to be new wording added for clarification, it is decidedly not adding clarity given that we're having this conversation right now.

I think we'll just have to wait for an official ruling. Abilities like Festival Lead and Lost Provisions should really just have a section that says (including/except attacks on Pokemon Tools attached to this Pokemon) or something.

Back