Entei from Call of Legends (SL#3) [3/28]

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
cotdcopy.png

sl3-entei.jpg

Guiding questions:
1. Analyze the stats of the card (HP, Weakness, Resistance, Retreat cost).
2. Analyze the attacks (and/or Poke-Powers, Poke-Bodies) of the card.
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
4. What techs can you use to combat the weak points?
5. How's the artwork?
6. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).

Posts MUST be more than one sentence long with proper grammar and spelling or they will be deleted.

The HP is good and no resistance is okay. Weakness is the usual for fire pokemon but without the poke-body, the retreat cost is horrible alone.
Poke-body is actually pretty good for Entei. Horrible attack, though, a lot of people will not want to sacrifice 3 cards for only 70 damage. I can think of a lot more fire pokemon that can do way more damage for 3 energies.
A fire deck that uses the discard pile in their gameplan. Thats the only thing I can think of that this card can actually be worth using for.
If you actually use this card, you're going to need a LOT of trainer/supporter cards that will bring cards back from your discard pile.
5. How's the artwork?
The artwork is really good. 5/5
6. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
Rating: 3/5 just for the poke-power and artwork. However, without the right trainer/supporter cards, this card will most likely become your downfall if you use it.

Strong HP for a Basic, typical of a Legendary. Weakness is basic Fire weakness, no Resistance is passable, and the Retreat is also typical of Legendaries.
The attack only works with self-milling decks. 70 for 3 energy isn't great, but compared to most Legendaries is decent. The Poke-Body is great to get him out quick in a pinch.
Infernape Lv. X: Pair with cards to adjust the top cards of your deck to mill energy for his attack. Actually have an Infernape Mill Deck that I put this card in. Strictly for play, not for work. :D
Fisherman, Rotom's Dual Trans, Latias HS-Promo for getting lost energy back onto your Pokemon; Palmer's to get back lost Pokemon.
5. How's the artwork?
Beautiful, as is the case with all of the shiny Legendaries. 5/5
3.5/5 because it requires creativity to use it wisely, and I'm all for that.

Back