• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Eroding Tidal Wave [Flygon + KGL] (MD-on, fun deck)

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
A fun deck idea I saw my friend run at league, and thought it might be a fun deck just in general until rotation's up. After the rotation I could still play it for fun.

Pokemon: 26

3-3-3-1 Flygon RR + LV.X
2-2 Kyogre/Groudon LEGEND
4 Jirachi RR
1 Dialga PL (Reverse Time)
1 Regice LA
2 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA
1-1 Slowking HS (Second Sight)
1 Unown Q

Energy: 13
9 Water Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

T/S/S: 21
3 Bebe's Search
2 Broken Time-Space
1 Legend Box
1 Luxury Ball
1 Palmer's Contribution
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Pokemon Communication
1 Premier Ball
2 Seeker
2 Team Rocket's Trickery
2 Twins

Strategy: Start setting up a Flygon RR and start doing crazy damage, leveling up for Wind Erosion as fast as possible. Jirachi RR makes a great starter for the deck, and I choose it over Sableye SF because of Final Wish. LEGEND Pieces aren't easily searchable, hence the Jirachi, Lux, and PokeCom. Once Flygon dies, bring up a KGL ready to go and start Mega Tidal Waving like a crazy person. Slowking is there to adjust the topdeck to make MTW do more damage. Dialga+Regice+Legend Box is for the insta-legend combo.

So far, the main problems I see with this deck is that there are either too many Pokemon, not enough good T/S/S, or both. Probably the best thing I could do is to remove the Legend Box combo and replace it with some other cards, for better consistency. The Seeker can even be removed as well with little changes.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

hmmmm. i dont see why you have slowking in there because he only looks at the top 3 cards or ur opponents deck and kyogre dicards for 5 so i mean if ur doing it for assurance, imo i think thats not too smart. and the legend box thing is a good idea but it sounds to hard to set up because you hav 1 legend box. i'd say take it all out all together and maybe use a bronzong from TR for a quick legend find and maybe some seekers and ssps to pick up a damaged a legend. i saw an idea like this once and it looked rather decent but the way they had it was they had a 2-1-2 line of f gatr prime so they could pick up their damaged legend and then play it again with all the nrgs. and mayb, if your doing this recrationally, u could some how factor in a giritina lvx for more disruption.

The Slowking adjust top-deck is to make sure that they don't draw in to an energy (and therefore, keep the energy away from them for guaranteed damage), although if you feel like it's unnecessary I will consider it.
And about the Dialga-Regice-Legend Box thing, I'll probably take that out completely and replace it with other T/S/S for consistency.
Gater Prime...hmm...worth a shot. As for Giratina X, I think he's way too clunky to work very well in this deck, so I probably will not be using him.

ah, i was confused by slowking at first for the same reason but that seems like a good trick.
this does look like a fun deck.. i want to try it with 4 research recrods.. which you could use the same way as slowking, OR bottom-deck non-energies right before the wave hits...

I think Research Record is only your own deck. Slowking is also useful for controlling which card is Sand Eroded.

-2 Warp Energy Flygon. Duh.

+2 Pokemon Collector Collector for a Regice, Dialga. Legend Box. GG.

-1 Unown Q Flygon. Duh.
+1 Jirachi RR You want to start with this sucker for sure.

-1 Pokemon Communication
-1 Water Energy

+2 Professor Oak's Visit Detour :D

...oh yeah, that's right. Must have had a brain lapse when adding the Warp Energy. I'm keeping 1 Q though, mostly because of Uxie/Slowking. And yes, Slowking is for controlling Wind Erosion: discard the 1st and 3rd cards while my opponent draws the (lousy) 2nd card in the middle.

I'll go with 3 Collector, but I want to keep 3 PokeCom so I can actually search for the Legend pieces (which Collector can't do), and as for Detour spam? Team Rocket's Trickery > Professor Oak's Visit, by a longshot. (Hey, if the theme is to discard cards, then so be it.)

Edited the first post accordingly.

pokedex + TRT + legend box = awesome combo. as well as detour spamming with TRT.
maybe swap one Bebe's for a VS seeker. you can bring back a bebe's with it, a TRT, collector, etc. it gives your deck more options to suit the situation IMO. then later on, for unlimited, you could take out the recovery cards and put in Pokemon tower ;)

Back