• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Espeon-GX/ Eeveelutions

LoneWolf2113

Now With Sablenite!
Hey guys! It's been a long while since I posted, but I'm back with a new list I've been considering for St. Louis regionals in March. Tell me what you think!

Pokemon - 13
4 Eevee SM
3 Espeon-GX SM
1 Umbreon-GX SM
2 Jolteon AOR
1 Vaporeon AOR
2 Shaymin EX ROS

Trainers - 37
4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
1 Lysandre
1 Brock's Grit
1 Colress
1 Professor Kukui
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
4 Trainer's Mail
3 Level Ball
1 Special Charge
2 Silver Bangle
2 Battle Compressor
2 Virbank City Gym

Energy - 10
5 Psychic Energy
1 Darkness Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy -
Espeon-GX is the core of this deck. We want to be using her Psychic attack most of the time which does 60+ 30 for each energy attached to the defending Pokemon. With the help of Jolteon AOR and Vaporeon AOR, we are able to hit for weakness on Yveltal-EX and Volcanion-EX, two of Expanded's top contenders. I've teched in 1 Umbreon-GX to help with the Trevenant BREAK matchup. Also just because Umbreon-GX is just all around fantastic. Also teched into this list is 1 Brock's Grit to recover fallen or discarded Eevees since, let's face it, 7 Eeveelutions and only 4 Eevee is a little unbalanced. I've also chosen to include 2 Silver Bangle since GX Pokemon are not excluded from the +30 damage it allows you to deal. Thank you for any further input and I look forward to hearing from all of you Beachgoers, new and old.

Thank you!
LoneWolf2113

Looks good! But with all the grass cards in Sun and Moon, Flareon looks necessary. I suggest:
-1 Espeon-GX
-1 Psychic Energy
+1 Flareon AOR
+1 Darkness Energy

2 Espeon, along with an Umbreon, carry you through the game. Also included is an extra darkness energy because without it Umbreon will likely be extremely difficult to attack with.

I've been using a similar deck for casual play, though adjusted for Standard. I concur with @PokémonRanger2319 that you should run a Flareon AOR, since [G] decks with Pokémon like Decidueye-GX and Lurantis-GX are pretty strong at the moment.

That is a pretty solid point. The only reason I didn't include one was because I wasn't sure how strong Grass's presence was in Expanded since Volcanion is so popular.

Thanks!
LoneWolf2113

In my (Expanded) league, I've seen 1 Volcanion and 1 Pyroar player since the cards came out, but my league has very unhealthy levels of Greninja, so I can see its inclusion or disinclusion dependent on the local metagame.

A few thoughts for your consideration:
  • I also concur with the others who mentioned to consider the inclusion of Flareon (AOR) too - I expect lots of G decks (e.g., Lurantis GX) or G techs (Decidueye GX) there at that Midwest Regional.
  • You have only 6 Basic Pokémon currently listed. Chances are high, IMO, that your Eevee(s), most probable starter, will be KOd early game. So, I'd suggest running an Ace Trainer and/or Teammates to help you regain some setup momentum.
  • Further, have you considered also including 1-2 Tauros GX to also be an alternative starter? This Pokémon can take some early hits while you setup, as well as inflict some serious damage onto the Defending Pokémon.
  • I too run a different Eeveelutions type deck. I've found with 4 Prof. Sycamore, 2 N, 1 Judge, 1 Colress, and 2 Shaymin EX, I can manage quite well with 3 Level Balls and Ultra Balls.
  • Why no Hex Maniac? I expect Item-lock in the form Trevenant and Vileplume to be quite popular at the aforementioned tournament.
  • You may also want to consider adding an AZ and/or Parallel City to get an unwanted/unneeded Pokémon off your field.
  • With only 2 Stadiums, you may also want to consider including a Delinquent to counter your opponent's Stadium, as well as disrupt your opponent's hand.
I hope you find these comments helpful.

Back