Espeon UD / Scolipede EP - E.S.P - Need Help!

Is Cleffa worth it?

• Yes.

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
Can somebody help me with this deck? It needs some advice.

Decklist
Pokemon - 22
3-1 Espeon CL
1 Espeon Prime UD
4-3 Whirlipede BW
2 Scolipede EP
3-3 Beheeyem NV (FC Elgyem)
1 Bellsprout TM
1 Cleffa CL

Trainers - 10
2 Super Rod
1 Good Rod
1 Dual Ball
4 Communication
2 Great Ball

Supporters - 5
2 Copycat
3 PONT

Energy - 14
1 DCE
2 Rainbow Energy
11 {P}

Total - 51
Strategy
This deck revolves around getting an Espeon CL out as quickly as possible, or if that fails, get a Beheeyem out to spread damage. It also needs to get a few Venipede out and start evolving them to get a Sclipede out. Espeon can heal them while spreading damage too.

Copycat is used when the Opponent has a larger hand, PONT is the Draw Supporter. Bellsprout TM is the same as Catcher, and is only there because I don't have any Catcher. Oh, and Cleffa is used in case of a bad hand as a result of N or Copycat.

UPDATE This thread should be moved now.

Never run Bill. It is like, the worst draw Supporter (heck, maybe even the worst Supporter) that is currently playable. Cards like Team Rocket's Trickery does the exact same thing as Bill, but also allows you to disrupt your opponent. There's also Cheren, which is the exact same as Bill but gets you three cards instead of two.

However, I wouldn't' recommend running Bill or TRT. The draw you get from them isn't good enough. I'd take out Bill and add in two Professor Oak's New Theory for drawpower, and using those extra eight cards, I'd add four Pokémon Collector, another PokeGear 3.0, another Professor Oak's New Theory, and two Professor Juniper. This should be a strong enough support line, where Pokémon Collector can grab your Basics, Professor Oak's New Theory for drawpower, Professor Juniper for draw, and PokeGear 3.0 to get your Basic Pokémon.

I'd also add a communication because in my opinion poke ball is too risky. I'd also run 1 twins to help set up because in the beginning of the game one of the basics would probably get KOd.

Try to cut the 16 energy down to 14. Then, build off of the current trainer staples:

4 Pokemon Collector
2/3 N
2/3 Pokemon Catcher
3/4 Juniper
3/4 Pokemon Communication
2/3 Ultra Ball (When it comes out)
1/2 Level Ball (When it comes out)

Just to add, never run pyramid lines. It's what most new players do. Run hourglass lines (4-2-3). It's most basics, least stage 1's, then a lot of stage 2's. I messed up the wording on how to explain that. Basically, when you run 4-3-2 or 3-2-1 of a card, you are stuck with a ton of the basics that don't have enough stage 2's to be evolved into. This makes them free prizes and useless bench sitters. You also don't have enough stage 2's, which are the most important piece of the puzzle. You also need some rare candies, which allow easy set up.

Fraxureking said:
Hmm... And where do I find this candy?
He means the card Rare Candy.

82-rare-candy.jpg

Note that it was errata'd to say something like this:

Code:
Choose a Stage 2 Evolved Pokemon card from your hand that goes on top of the Stage 1 Evolution of 1 of your Basic Pokemon, and Evolve that Basic Pokemon. (This can’t be used on your first turn or on a Basic Pokemon that came into play during this turn.)

You can use any number of Trainer cards during your turn.

Thank you.

Please be sure to expand on your posts a bit. This post could be a PM instead of a post here. Longer posts will lead to more intelligent discussion. ~ESP

Hey Fraxureking, just a few tips that some other people here have said, but the most important thing is to never run pyramid lines, as they are bad and will result in useless cards as the Stage 2's have all either been drawn out and evolved, koed, or prized. Instead run hourglass lines, like 4-2-3, or 4-3-4. Also, please include more and better Supporters, like Cheren or Prof. Oak's New Theory (PONT), however, keep the Copycat. Finally, run better trainer lines and include staples like Pokemon Communication and Pokemon Catcher (if you could afford it or be lucky enough to get it in a pack). So all in all-

+2 Scolipede EP, so that you run a 4-3-4 line instead of a 4-3-2 line.
-4 Poke Ball , these are just worthless :p
+2 Pokémon. Comm, these are staples.
+1 Espeon (you choose, CL or Prime), this way you run a 3-3 line instead of a 3-2 line.
-2 Bill, just gawd awful.
+3 Cheren, as these are better 3 instead of 2 cards.
-1 Pokegear, just awful.
+4 Pokemon Collector, staples, enough said.
+3 Prof. Juniper, staples.
+2 Copycat.

Never use a Pokemon to compensate for not having the Item card. Use Pokemon Reversal, easier to get and ALOT cheaper.

The only reason i can see Cinccino being a benefit is against a Trainer-Lock deck which would prevent you from using Cacther/Reversal, but even then Belsprout TM does the job better as it's a basic pokemon.

A stage 1 Pokemon + an energy just to switch your opponent's pokemon?
I wouldn't bother with that line. It's not even comparable with Catcher.
Try adding x4 PONT and that Pokemon Collector you have.
You can get Rare Candy from Unleashed.

Don't bother with the rainbows, all they do is let you use careless tackle, which you shouldn't ever want to do. Bellsprout is best used to drag something up on the bench, then run so your main attacker can kill it.
The other great thing is it takes care of those pesky vileplumes, because psychic weakness kills when your attacker is scolipede.

As for other changes, I'm just going to echo what everyone else has been saying and add some more draw supporters.
If you've got CFF elgyem, collector becomes less important, but put them in if you get them.
As for getting rare candy, the best thing you can do is try to trade for it next time you're at a tournement, or buy them online, although trading may be better as shipping to the UK can be expensive.

Good luck making your deck better. My vileplumes are now scared but you're still no match for my durants.

Sorry for such a long post, I really want to see you improve so I have a challenge at the cities if your going.

Back