Ruling evolve

Chubby_Gengar

Fav chara in Final Fantasy IX
Can we use Wally's Training and Rare Candy in the same time to evolve active pokemon to stage 2?

Hmm...
I think we can't do that because that's mean evolve 1 pokemon twice in same turn...

Rare Candy can only be used on a basic to a 1st or 2nd stage.
And yes you can use wallys right after it has been evoled.

RE:  evolve

MysteryE said:
!!
oh! so we can evolve twice using Wally's Training! thanx 4 the info!

Well, one normaly or rare candy then wallys (in one turn) not 2 wallys if that is what you ment. (don't think you mean that but just checking)

PokemonSteve said:
MysteryE said:
!!
oh! so we can evolve twice using Wally's Training! thanx 4 the info!

Well, one normaly or rare candy then wallys (in one turn) not 2 wallys if that is what you ment. (don't think you mean that but just checking)

lol ^^
of course, I know that we only can use 1 supporter per turn :)

With this info, I know what's the good point 4 Wally's Training :)

Chubby_Gengar said:
Can we use Wally's Training and Rare Candy in the same time to evolve active pokemon to stage 2?
I don't think you can use more than 1 supporter card each turn...

But you can evolve Ralts directly to Gardevoir with Rare Candy, that's why Rare candies are so expensive these days...

Indeed, however, I perfer to evolve stage by stage so that you will not hurt too much when opponent use ATM(rock). Trust me, you will get hurt especially when most of your pokemon use rare candy to reach stage two..;)

Just for the record, a trainer overrides the 'evolve each Pokémon once per turn' rule. But note that although you can evolve then Wally, you can't Wally then evolve.

jynx said:
But you can evolve Ralts directly to Gardevoir with Rare Candy, that's why Rare candies are so expensive these days...

You can't use 2 supporter cards in one turn but you can use the effect of one card twice if u really want. You need to use Magby (TRR) to do so. ( as a attack)

Charizard said:
Indeed, however, I perfer to evolve stage by stage so that you will not hurt too much when opponent use ATM(rock). Trust me, you will get hurt especially when most of your pokemon use rare candy to reach stage two..;)

not just that, with Cradily LM's 1st attack: Devolution Wave, opponent will cry for wasting Rare Candy...

bass_forte said:
Just for the record, a trainer overrides the 'evolve each Pokémon once per turn' rule. But note that although you can evolve then Wally, you can't Wally then evolve.
Why can't a player Wally then evolve? Besides I get confused about whether Wally is a male or female. Anyone knows about it?

If I have gastly in my active pokemon, i use wallys to search gengar ex and use rare candy to evolve it, its that legal/illegal evolution?

Chubby_Gengar said:
If I have gastly in my active pokemon, i use wallys to search gengar ex and use rare candy to evolve it, its that legal/illegal evolution?

I think...no, you can't do that...

Wally's Training says that you have to search and evolve it right away (not putting the card in your hand). If you use Wally's to evolve Gastly, then you only able to search Haunter and evolve it to Haunter.

RE:   evolve

jayh272416 said:
Why can't a player Wally then evolve? Besides I get confused about whether Wally is a male or female. Anyone knows about it?

Good question. Don't really know the answer but i know that you can only evole normaly then via trainer but not the other way. I come back to you on that.

Also Wally is male...
Chubby_Gengar said:

You must finish the action of one card before another card. (unless stated).
Besides, wally says you must look for the next evole form up, this case stage 1.

Yeah, Wally is male.

Trainers let you evolve, and if you have already evolved, you can evolve extra because the trainer says so. On the other hand, they also say that 'this counts as evolving that Pokemon', so due to the evolve-once-per-turn rule, you can't evolve again without using another card that overwrites that rule.

jynx said:
Chubby_Gengar said:

Wally is a supporter, Rare candy is not. You can use as many rare candies as you want per turn.

I'll try and clear this up, putting all answers in this post seeing as most answer are slightly wrong.

Also, I have seen a few people mentioning Candy in numerous threads so i'd thought i'd like to point out that you CANNOT use Candy to evolve a Stage 1 into a Stage 2 pokemon. That is a rule.

Since there is ALOT of info about Wally in the Compendium I thought I should post all Wally questions which are listed there:

Compendium said:
== WALLY'S TRAINING (EX:Sandstorm)

Q. Can I use Wally's Training on a Pokémon's first turn in play? For example, can I place down a Wurmple, make it active, and then use Wally's Training on the same turn to evolve it into Silcoon or Cascoon?
Yes, you may use Wally's Training to evolve a Pokémon the first turn it is in play. (Sep 11, 2003 PUI Rules Team; Jul 22, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Can I use Wally's Training on a Pokémon that has already evolved normally that turn?
A. Yes. Wally's Training can break the rules for normal evolution in that case. It also can allow a player to evolve a Pokémon the first turn it is in play, except for the very first turn of the game (for each player). In order for Wally's Training to break the "first turn of the game" evolution, the card would have to specifically say so. (Sep 26, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Can I use Wally's Training on a Pokémon I just evolved that turn with Rare Candy?
A. Yes. Trainer cards that allow an evolution to take place, breaks the standard evolution rule that states you can only evolve once in a turn. (Sep 26, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Can I use Wally's Training to place a Stage 2 onto a Basic Pokémon?
A. No. Wally's Training does not work on making your Basic Pokémon into a Stage 2. It just pulls the next stage from the deck and you evolve to that. (Sep 11, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Does Wally's Training override evolution-preventing effects such as Fossil Aerodactyl's "Prehistoric Power"?
A. You can use Wally's Training when Aerodactyl's Prehistoric Power is in play (except for the first turn of the game). (Sep 18, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If you use Wally's Training to evolve a Pokémon, and the evo card has a "Coming into Play" Pokémon Power (such as Dark Crobat), does that coming into play power get activated?
A. No, because those powers only work "when you play it from your hand". Wally's Training has you search your deck for the card. (Oct 23, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Can I use Wally's Training to evolve a Baby Pokémon into its next stage? What about the newer forms of babies that are considered "Basic Pokémon" but have the "Baby Evolution" Poké-POWER?
A. Wally's Training states if you have a card that "Evolves From" your Pokémon There are currently no cards with text saying "evolves from" its baby form, so Wally's Training will not work on any form of baby Pokémon (Oct 23, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Can I use Wally's Training search for Pikachu when you have a Pichu active?
A. No, Wally's Training states to search for a card that "Evolves From" your active Pokémon Pikachu does not say that it "Evolves From" Pichu, so Wally's Training will not work in this situation. (Sep 11, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

Q. I evolved Torchic into Combusken using Wally's Training. Can I then do my "regular" evolution for Combusken into Blaziken?
A. No. "(This counts as evolving that Pokémon)" means that it counts as a normal evolution in this case. (Sep 25, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Can I use Wally's Training on a Machoke to search through my deck, even if there are no Machamps in my deck?
A. Yes you can. Machamp is a valid evolution of Machoke, even if you don't have one in your deck. (Jan 22, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Can I use Wally's Training on a Mewtwo to search my deck, even though there is no evolution of Mewtwo?
A. No, there has to at least be the possibility of a valid evolution in order to use this card. Sorry. (Jan 22, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Can I use Wally's Training in conjunction with Buried Fossil to search for an Omanyte, Kabuto, or Aerodactyl? And how about Aerodactyl-EX too?
A. Wally's Training states to search for a card that "Evolves From" your active Pokémon Buried Fossil has special text on it that says, "You may play a Pokémon card that evolves from Mysterious Fossil on top of Buried Fossil". So Wally's Training will work in both of these situations. (Jan 29, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Q. What does "This counts as evolving that Pokémon" mean, in game terms?
A. It counts towards the one evolution per turn for that Pokémon (with exceptions for Trainers and Pokémon Powers that break that rule) and removes Special Conditions on that Pokémon. (Sep 26, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

I hope this helps any more Wally questions.

I have to check that with some TO, as I'm sure that you can't use a trainer in conjunction with another.

Yes, I did not know that you could do that either but I had it confirmed by 2 other Professors just to make sure and they said it was legal. I will check it again with more Professors to make sure though.

Edit: I'm getting this checked out by Team Compendium now and just waiting for their response. I'll get back to this question when I have the official ruling from Team Compendium.

Back