Ruling evolve

Oh, that's helps alot...but too bad wally only can be used on active or it will be a very playable card. Last time i saw some kids play with rare candy and wally in the same time during the weekly league:D I thought they were wrong:p

RE:  evolve

Chubby_Gengar said:
So, play wally with rare candy is legal, hmm...
ok then, thx a lots to all!:D
Sorry to burst peoples bubble but you cant.

Edit: Rare Candy does say that you must play a stage 1 or 2 from hand.

This follows what i said before, that you must finish the act of 1 card before starting another.

I'll say this once. It is NOT possible to use Wally's Training and Rare Candy in the same time to evolve active pokemon to stage 2.

Rare Candy specifies that the evolution must come from your hand. Wally's training takes the immediate evolution of that active Pokemon and puts it on that pokemon - NOT into the hand!

I got a reply and it was as I 1st believed. It doesnt work. I never even thought of it and it was someone else who pointed it out to me but I guess they were wrong. I'll edit my post incase people get confused.

PokeGuru said:
I'll say this once. It is NOT possible to use Wally's Training and Rare Candy in the same time to evolve active pokemon to stage 2.

Rare Candy specifies that the evolution must come from your hand. Wally's training takes the immediate evolution of that active Pokemon and puts it on that pokemon - NOT into the hand!
Just to clear misunderstandings on this post.. you can't Candy down the card you got with Wally.

Nor can you Wally then Candy, because Candy can only be used on Basics.

BUT you can Candy then Wally.

>_>

Who would think such a simple card would be so confusing..

RE:   evolve

bass_forte said:
Who would think such a simple card would be so confusing..
Tell me about it! Wally is so simple to understand yet some many questions come up with it, there's 13 Wally questions which have been asked in the Compendium. There's actually 14 but I chose not to put that in since it was over-ruled last year.

There also seem to be more questions asked in this thread too. So from now on, if there are any more questions about Wally PLEASE start a new thread so we can help you easily and quickly. It's a little hard to search through this thread for every Wally question in existance.

Yes it is a little confusing at times.

I hope this makes it a little clearer:

"If you have a basic pokemon in play, you can play Rare Candy to evolve it into its Stage 1 form. Then you Can play Wally's Training to evolve that Stage 1 into a Stage 2."

^ is just question 3 on the Wally Compendium thing I posted about 10 posts above, explained as easily as I could explain it.

However, from the ruling which I got checked by Team Compendium, you cannot play Candy/Wally together and get the Stage 2 from your deck to play it on your basic pokemon.

I really hope that makes it clearer...

Double post here but it matters. People are starting to spam this thread now. I will delete all spam, that is my job here. If this thread gets out of control, i'll lock it. It will stay open for discussion as long as it is kept clean.

Back