Ruling ex`s and level x`s

marchofthepiplup

Aspiring Trainer
I know in a deck for example, you can have three infernapes and 1 level x infernape, but not four of each. What is the deal with the ex`s. Can I have four normal...blastoises for example and 4 blastoise ex`s....just wondering, not that I actually have that.

ex is considered part of the name of the card. So you could have 4 of the regular Pokemon, and 4 of its ex form.

* is part of the name, so you could have 4 Mudkip and 1 Mudkip *. Keep in mind though, if you use a * Pokemon like Mudkip, it cannot evolve into a normal Marshtomp. The reason you can only have the one * Pokemon is because it says on the card that you can only have one of a * Pokemon in your deck. This does not mean you can't have a Mudkip* and a Torchic* in the same deck. It means that you can only have one Mudkip* in your deck and no more.

Red Moltres said:
Level X isn't part of the name... X is only the Pokémon's level

okay, so that sums it up than. A deck could have 4 ex blastoise and 4 normal but for (and this is only an example) I couldn't have 4 level x's and 4 normal. this is because ex is apart of the name but level isnt. sorry for asking this, im just trying to understand.

Back