EX Tins early release

Metalizard said:
Seriously, what the heck were they thinking? Promos with the exact same art??? Now I don't doubt they are genuinely dumb. From a collector's perspective, this is just ridiculous, because they are the same cards from the set but with a different set number and symbol (the promo symbol)! It was good because I wouldn't have to afford the originals but it just doesn't feel the same as having the card from the main set... They just ruined this...
Calm down, they do the exact same thing as the ones from the actual set.

don()shinobi said:
Calm down, they do the exact same thing as the ones from the actual set.

That is exactly what his point was. The originals are now useless because they're identical.

Why would they be useless if they do literally the exact same thing as the ones from the tin? ._.

Contents:
One of those EXs
2x Next Destinies
1x Noble Victories
1x Emerging Powers

I wish they had four ND packs, but there's still a few cards I'm hoping I can pull from EP and NV, so I'm not crying. Then again, everyone wants more ND packs so they can try pulling that Mewtwo EX...I dig that the Zekrom EX is identical, so I don't have to worry about buying a box to try to get 'em now. These tins are definitely worth it.

AmishEskimoNinja said:
That is exactly what his point was. The originals are now useless because they're identical.

Not exactly. I guess you guys are talking as players. What I'm saying is that having these promos, even though they are the same, doesn't feel the same as having the ones from the main set because they have a different number and set symbol... like it's the same card, but at the same time, it isn't. If they didn't had alternate artwork for these cards, they should have kept the Next Destinies number and symbol...

Magnezone_Elf said:
Yeah, and now that there are tins, the online prices for the EXs will go down, yipee!

TnT still has the price at 20$ for the normal one. The promo is only 6$ though.
Anyways, I have no real use for the dragon EXs; too bad they couldn't do Mewtwo =P But I might get one....I suppose you never know when an EX could come in handy.

Briaah said:
TnT still has the price at 20$ for the normal one. The promo is only 6$ though.
Anyways, I have no real use for the dragon EXs; too bad they couldn't do Mewtwo =P But I might get one....I suppose you never know when an EX could come in handy.

Dont hope for a mewtwo tin. Seeing as its still peaking at $70-$80, tPCi, isn't going to make the price go down by making a tin of it. It's best to buy it on amazon, BTW, its $10 cheaper than on TnT

Yeah...stupid Mewtwo...I'm just wishing aloud here =P

I don't buy from Amazon though. Their shipping is horrid and plus, I really have no way to buy from them anyways. I'm trying to find a couple on eBay for good deals....you never know I guess

Magnezone_Elf said:
don't hope for a mewtwo tin. Seeing as its still peaking at $70-$80, tPCi, isn't going to make the price go down by making a tin of it. It's best to buy it on amazon, BTW, its $10 cheaper than on TnT

Well, they did give us Yanmega Prime in a box last year. Does TPCi really profit from a card having an insanely high price tag? Maybe indirectly if people buy tons and tons and tons of product to have a stock of it, but a lot of players will likely just buy singles from a third party.

Back