Help Expanded Post Rotation Meta?

jix99

Imagine if Pichu was in splatoon :D
Hey what's good after rotation for expanded? Is what was good before still good and/or are there new contenders from the old standard that can add to the meta?

I definitely would say night march is still up there, with Marshadow GX now at their disposal it could be very good, I also think Archie's Blastoise with Alolan Ninetales or something could be a possibility. I don't really follow expanded much, I rather standard but other than that there is only a couple more I can think of like trevenant break, rainbow road, and I guess a new addition seismetoad/decidueye, as for which one I would play I would have to say, night march or seismetoad decidueye. Only because I'm getting sick of the old decks and I want to try something new that has a decent chance.

Oh and also turbo Darkrai the GX, Darkrai ex and the old Darkrai ex is something I'm definitely going to play as you can snipe too, you also have yveltal and dark patch. :):)

I don't think toad decidueye is still that good though because of the ban of FOGP.

Banned even in expanded?

Technically, it is banned only in Expanded; it simply rotated from the Standard Format along with the rest of XY: Ancient Origins. Did you catch the announcement for what cards are Banned in Expanded Format play as of September 1st?

• Archeops (BW: Noble Victories 67/101; BW: Dark Explorers 110/108)
  • Forest of Giant Plants (XY: Ancient Origins 74/98)
  • Lysandre's Trump Card (XY: Phantom Forces 99/119, 118/119)
Shiftry (BW: Next Destinies 72/99) is no longer banned; without Forest of Giant Plants, it no longer enables a First Turn Win.

Back