ORAS Expectations of Shiny Pokémon in Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire

Prince Dedenne

Elite Shiny Hunter
Shiny Mechanics in OR/AS!
Spr_4d_382_s.png
Spr_5b_384_s.png
Spr_4d_383_s.png

For those of you who know me, I'm quite the geek when it comes to shiny Pokémon.
In turn, I can't stop thinking about catching shiny Pokémon in OR/AS this November!

Which shiny increasing methods/areas would you like to see return in OR/AS? (PokéRadar, Chain Fishing, Friend Safari, Masuda Method, Shiny Charm) There are quite a few present in X/Y, so will they all make a return in OR/AS, or only a select few?

Another thing to think about is the shiny rate. From Pokémon Gold/Silver to B2W2, the chances of randomly encountering a shiny Pokémon were 1/8192. But in X/Y, the chances were cut in half! (1/4096) Considering the fact that Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, will we see the shiny rate return to the original 1/8192? Or will the chances be the same as they are in X/Y?

And most importantly, will any of the legendary Pokémon be shiny locked?!
In BW, B2W2, and XY; Zekrom, Reshiram, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, and Mewtwo were all in-game legendaries with shiny locks. Making it impossible to legally catch said Pokémon in shiny form. Will they follow the, what seems to be, 'new' tradition? Or will legendary Pokémon have chances to sparkle like they once did in the original Ruby and Sapphire?
Just admit, who doesn't want to see a shiny Mega Groudon bursting out of the earth or shiny Mega Kyogre leaping out of the sea! ...Of course assuming that they gain mega evolutions.

Let us know what you want to see in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire!

RE: Shiny Mechanics in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire will hopefully follow Pokémon X and Pokémon Y with the wild shiny Pokémon encounter rate (1/4096). I don't think they will change it back after just making them easier to find. I also believe they will use the new rate for the Masuda Method.

They might remove the Friend Safari in ORAS. Perhaps they will create something new and similar.

If Groudon and Rayquaza are not shiny locked I will definitely soft reset until I get a shiny! That would be amazing. However, chances are they will be shiny locked, like other legendary Pokémon in previous games.

I do hope we will see the chain fishing method again in these games. I would chain fish for a shiny Milotic! :D

I think the Shiny ratios will stay the same. I really hope the Legendaries aren't Shiny locked AGAIN. I prefer Kyogre and Groudon's normal colors to their Shiny forms, but I must have Shiny Rayquaza if it's available!

As for Shiny finding methods, I like all of them and hope they all return.

I am hoping for a Pokeradar in Hoenn. The grass patches are little bit better than in Kalos, and plus there are some Pokemon that I would like to chain that you can't chain in Kalos due to crap patches. Then again, I doubt the radar will be added as HGSS didn't carry it over from DPPt. But they might change their minds and give us the radar to apologize for the atrocity they call patches in Kalos.

I really do hope the shiny rates stay the same, I think it's pointless to allow us to get shinies easier then make them harder all of a sudden. I would like to bring the shiny charm over along with the chain fishing too.

I really think shiny locks on the Legendaries would be silly. I mean if you could do it back then, why not now? Then again... Mewtwo was shiny-locked in X/Y but he wasn't in HGSS so they might just do it anyway...

Disclaimer: I haven't play Emerald since 5+ years so I don't remember if they even were any good patch of grass to chain though.

I think, the Shiny rate will be the same as now, I hope that they do not have Shiny Locks. I really want a Shiny Kyorge or Groudon or Raquaza with SR'ing :)

Would Chain Fishing carry over with their fishing mechanics though? You know how you had to press a directional button + A. I feel like if chain fishing were to carry over it would have to eliminate that or use it as a bonus somehow. Maybe it will boost your chances but at the same time break your chain if you fail.

Using a directional button for chain fishing? I never heard of that before. If you move spots in between fishing the chain breaks. I always stayed as far away as possible from those buttons when I was chain fishing and I caught many shiny Pokémon that way.

Hmm maybe I remember things wrong. I swear the fishing mechanics were more than just tapping A. I recall one game that had push left or right in order to reel the fish in. It was to make it feel more like the fish was fighting. Or maybe that was Zelda...

In Pokémon you only need to press A when you have a bite after using the rod (by going to key items or pressing Y if you have it registered). I know there are/used to be people that think pressing buttons or button combinations has an effect on catching Pokémon, but that's superstition. It also doesn't affect the Shiny Rate when chain fishing as far as I know (I don't think they would program the game that way).

Oh I remember now! You simply press A when you get a bite, however, unlike X and Y you have to keep sharp and be ready to press it again as the Pokémon isn't hooked until the message "a Pokémon's on the hook!" appears.

That means... the other thing I was thinking of must have been from some other game...

I am going to hide in shame now from this awkward moment.

I hope they keep chain fishing, but they probably will already. Also, I hope they keep the shiny ratio lower. Besides, it wouldn't make much sense for them to lower it in one game in a given gen, then raise it back up in the next game in the same gen.

I do hope they keep the FS, but I do miss the old safari. Maybe multiple safari areas again? Maybe they'll have 2? As in, the normal safari with an explorable area with little houses and items all over the place, and the FS where you can find more uncommon/rarer pokemon and ones with HA's or possibly special moves. I would like whatever the future safari is to have a slightly shiny rate. (like 1/4,000 instead of 1/4,0960

Brave Vesperia said:
I think the Shiny ratios will stay the same. I really hope the Legendaries aren't Shiny locked AGAIN. I prefer Kyogre and Groudon's normal colors to their Shiny forms, but I must have Shiny Rayquaza if it's available!

As for Shiny finding methods, I like all of them and hope they all return.

I swear if they shiny lock the trio I will write a very harsh complaint to Nintendo and Game Freak.

I really hope they keep the Shiny Charm and methods and stuff. I also hope they don't shiny lock ANY legendaries. That's always annoying.

Prince Dedenne said:
From Pokémon Red/Blue to B2W2, the chances of randomly encountering a shiny Pokémon were 1/8192.

Actually I'm pretty sure the chances of finding a shiny in Red and Blue were non-existant, partially because the games weren't even in color. :p The red gyarados in gen 2 was meant to show off a new mechanic of the generation, after all. Anyway, I do love how X & Y have made shinies more easily obtainable, especially with friend safaris. I hope ORAS have some kind of nice mechanic for obtaining out-of-region pokemon like this, possibly with similar increases in shiny rates.

I hope they add a friend safari in ORAS. Also one special water area withing were we can catch pokemon that can't appear on grass.

Also, I know this is not the right place but... is the mewtwo obtainable in xy shiny locked?

Im sure ORAS is going to have fish chaining, but i dont think it will have pokeradar

I mean like hoenn IS after all one of the regions where fishing is common/popular

I'm pretty sure there will still be Shiny lock for legendaries and stationary Pokémon, so I'm happy to have gotten Shiny Hoenn Trio on HGSS x)

I'm thinking that the shiny ratio will be the same as in XY but I do hope that the chain-fishing and Pkradar don't make a comeback. I do want the Masuda method and the Shiny charm to be kept. Regarding the Friend Safari, I'm not a fan of it just because I would like to see a regular Safari Zone, without the need to have friends in order to obtain certain Pokémon.
As for the shiny locks, I can't see the reason behind it. I think they should be removed and since they're at it, why not rethinking some shiny colors because that weather trio sure seems akward in those colors (along with almost every shiny Pokémon!) I'm still hoping for non-shiny different colored Pokémon.

I don't care if they remove the radar in the remakes, it's way too difficult to me. I rather chain fish.

Back