Expert Belt the big Hype

Do you think Expert belt is good.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man I never knew how good this card was in the speed decks and how bad it is to most decks.

This card's impact will be enormous, but not how most see it.
Expert Belt will decrease the length of time it takes to end games. During the EX era, games didn't need 40+ mintues to be completed, until Gardevoir and Magmortar were released (non-EX's.)
Now with SP's and PokeTurn, getting 6 KO's has become even more difficult to achieve in the allotted time frame.
The purpose of this card is in the greater scheme of things: it quickens the time it takes to complete games.

ragingphantom said:
^Torterra tanks better IMO.

Terra X (160 HP)+Landmin X (+40 HP)+Expert Belt(+20 HP/+20 Damage)=
120 Damage for the attack on the X and 220 HP with a +30 weakness.

Umbreon for no weakness :p haha

This will actually be good with gardy/gallade becuase it will be harder to kill gardy, so you keep the lock going then sweep with a gallade

You know what most people don't realize? Just how versatile this card is. Yes, speed decks can use them, and yes, speed decks will mostly appreciate it. But I'm just going to name a few Pokemon that will also love this card, see if you can figure out why I name them.

Butterfree GE
Bastiodon PT
Cradily LA
Shuppet PT
Uxie LA
Mismagius GL LV.X RR
Porygon-Z Promo
Nidoqueen RR

Just a few cards that will appreciate this, some for more obvious reasons then others.

I was thinking of using it with Rampardos since Speedrill won't be played due to Blaziken and you have a better chance of donking a Pokemon SP.

Mismagius GL LV.X because you can return Expert Belt to your hand when you're about to die or just poketurn it?
Nidoqueen cause then it's a borderline donk card(60 for one are you kiddin' me), then w/Maternal comfort makes it tough to KO.

Lou Cypher said:
Torterra says 'sup to that. Torterra + Shaymin + Torterra X + Sceptile + Expert Belt =

220 HP tank that can deal 120 damage each turn for 2 energy, or even more depending on which Torterra you use.

EDIT: Lolninjad.

I think I still prefer leafeon X actually. not only is it faster, but it can heal itself for up to 40 every turn (60 if you run dawn stadium).
It's got 30-50 less hp, but you can also run umbreon to get free retreat and no weakness. which is huge because even this beastly torterra could get OHKO'ed by a luxape deck. (crobat, poke turn, crobat, fire spin with lucario GL on bench.) with umbreon out for no weakness leafeon x can't get ohko'ed and can heal itself for 40. or 60 with dawn. or if you need even more healing then go for plus energy for another 20 or 30.

Lou Cypher said:
You know what most people don't realize? Just how versatile this card is. Yes, speed decks can use them, and yes, speed decks will mostly appreciate it. But I'm just going to name a few Pokemon that will also love this card, see if you can figure out why I name them.

Butterfree GE-Expert Belt ups this guys healing attack, and 140 HP is nice on a free retreater
Bastiodon PT-He heals in between turns, and with special metals he can tank effectively
Cradily LA-He can do his finishing KO on a 50 HP or less benched pokemon, which means less damage for his uber healing to work.
Shuppet PT-Fade Out will do more damage, and there is no real drawback as he goes back to the hand with his belt (well maybe gengar)
Uxie LA-Same thing as shuppet basically, but he can avoid fainting spells from gengars with less damage, and can get more damage off and escape to the deck
Mismagius GL LV.X RR-Picks up expert belts from weak pokemon.
Porygon-Z Promo-This is a hard one. Gives it more HP and damage to achieve higher damage even with 8 TM's perhaps?
Nidoqueen RR-Expert Belt can help this thing to get the magic 130 mark when the opponent has a full bench. Queen also helps tanks with expert belt attached to them by healing in between turns.

Just a few cards that will appreciate this, some for more obvious reasons then others.

*raises hand*
Pick me! Pick me!
(Answers to the rhetorical question in bold)

Otherwise, I think that it's a good poketurn counter, as the extra damage would help get OHKO's.

My input. (totally gonna get warned for spam).

Um im a lil clueless about this card. Is it a new card that hasn't come out yet or an old card thats out of rotation???

Has anyone thought of a combo with this card and Weezing PL??? His body will not let the opponent take a prize if Weezing is confused and He has an attack thats puts the same amount of damage counter that is on him to the defending pokemon then he becomes confused. It adds 20 HP uping his possible attack damage and adding 20 at the same time. Plus both his attacks cost 1 energy. so for 1 energy he can do 40 plus poison. then if he happens to take some heavy damage use his other attack and make himself confused and no prizes for the opponent.

^It clearly states that upon Knock Out, an EXTRA prize card is taken. So I doubt Weezing wouldn't be worth at least 1 prize with Expert Belt on. Then again there may be a ruling on this. If it works like Pluspowers (you can't add 10 to 0) then it would be a really cool combo.

Back